Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MAF Problem and compadibility ?'s for you Guys.

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2004, 07:58 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question MAF Problem and compadibility ?'s for you Guys.

Hey Guys got a ? for you. Will a stock MAF from an 02 Camaro work on my 99 TA? I have a big cam and headers installed plus ported my TB and MAF ends. I'm going to get a dyno tune done but I think I killed my MAF the other day (see link below) and want to make sure I have that straighted out prior to getting a Dyno Tune done on her. Thanks for any advise you can give!

http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread...36#post5375436
Old 11-30-2004, 08:11 AM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yes, mine is running this way. A 2002 MAF on a 99.
Old 11-30-2004, 12:17 PM
Launching!

Did you have any issues getting it tuned? Are you still running it screened as well? Thanks for the info by the way. It sure helps to know it will work before I go and spend cash on it.
Old 11-30-2004, 12:33 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

No tuning required. I bought it specifically to have the screen as I had descreened my 99 MAF back in 2000 when it was the 'rage'. Now I know better; leave it screened!!

If you're really worried and still have your old MAF, you can do this:

Swap electronics from the old MAF to the new one.
Old 11-30-2004, 04:18 PM
Launching!

Nope my MAF is broken I'm like 99% sure of that now. My main concern is that it is something the Chris R. Can tune; with out having to best guess the airflow as I've read several times that some tuners won't even do a tune on your car unless you have the stock screened MAF. I personally felt like when I did de-screen my MAF back when it was the "In" thing to do I lost a lot of the low end torque and gained just a little on the top end. With in a day or two I wished I hadn't because it felt like I lost a bunch of low end torque and only gained a little on the top end so it wasn't a good trade off. So to cut this drawn out post short I can't help but look to buy something with "More Power" and want to make sure that the stock one is the best I can do and it sounds like it is. Thanks for you help guys
Old 11-30-2004, 09:00 PM
Launching!

I picked up an 02 Stocker with screen and I need it bad my car is running so freaking rich it just stinks of it when you Idle. And speaking of Idle it has been having more and more trouble just Idling out of gear. But hopefully the MAF will fix most of that and the Dyno tune will take care of the rest not to mention sqeeze some more Ponies from her. Thanks for the advice guys. Oh what causes a low manifold absolute presure code and I also saw some random misfire code and some other before I cleared and reset the PCM again.