Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The Best Cam Choice!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2004, 08:25 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The Best Cam Choice!!!!

WHAT IS THE BEST CAM OUT THERE. I WAS WANTING TO SWITCH TO TEXAS SPEEDS MAGIC STICK 3. ANY GOOD WORDS ON IT? CURRENTLY I AM RUNNING THEIR SINGLE PATTERN 231/598 CAM. IT IS A GOOD CAM JUST WANT MORE RWHP!

Last edited by BILL BOB; 12-01-2004 at 03:11 PM.
Old 12-01-2004, 08:57 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

there is no such thing as a best cam...especially without you describing your goals for the car....
Old 12-01-2004, 10:16 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

1. Use the search feature.
2. Educate yourself on cam specs.
3. Make the best decision for yourself. Everyone has different goals and requirements for their own vehicle. No such thing as "best" cam.

We hope you guys use this site to educate yourself on this stuff, not just take advice from others.
Old 12-01-2004, 10:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 777
there is no such thing as a best cam...especially without you describing your goals for the car....
What he said.
Old 12-01-2004, 11:51 AM
On The Tree

search is your friend
Old 12-01-2004, 12:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
1. Use the search feature.
2. Educate yourself on cam specs.
3. Make the best decision for yourself. Everyone has different goals and requirements for their own vehicle. No such thing as "best" cam.

We hope you guys use this site to educate yourself on this stuff, not just take advice from others.
Amen to that.
Old 12-01-2004, 12:16 PM
Launching!

look over to the right...and talk to all the venders about what your looking for. Texas Speed has a big christmas special going on. Don't take any of these postings the wrong way!!! We are trying to help!!!! The ls1 venders will be able to answer your ?'s better then most of us since its them that R&D the cams that they supply. Make sure you know what you want....and the combo you are going to use.....change anyone of them .....and you"ll be picking another cam......heads/gears/exhaust/intake/weight of the car/tire size....and more....trust me I did this and feel like the one I got will do the job......bigger isn't many cases.....match the cam to your setup....for all you know, if you already have a cam and want alittle more power...changing the heads for example may give you the power your looking for.....Good luck!
Old 12-01-2004, 02:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by turbotacoma
look over to the right...and talk to all the venders about what your looking for. Texas Speed has a big christmas special going on. Don't take any of these postings the wrong way!!! We are trying to help!!!! The ls1 venders will be able to answer your ?'s better then most of us since its them that R&D the cams that they supply. Make sure you know what you want....and the combo you are going to use.....change anyone of them .....and you"ll be picking another cam......heads/gears/exhaust/intake/weight of the car/tire size....and more....trust me I did this and feel like the one I got will do the job......bigger isn't many cases.....match the cam to your setup....for all you know, if you already have a cam and want alittle more power...changing the heads for example may give you the power your looking for.....Good luck!
Very good advice!!! Talk to a sponsor.