Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need info where to buy transam ws6 engine

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2004, 08:39 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Need info where to buy transam ws6 engine

Hello I am the new guy just learned about this site, I am the owner of a 1996 Red Transam RAM AIR WS6, I call her Fire as when she was running she was running good, a few months ago I had a oil leak and was told that I needed to replace the gaskets, I paid 500.00 had that done and was told I needed to replace the oil pump as well as the car began to loose pressure, another 300.00 as well as a tune up and after all that was done, ...the problem was not fixed, I was then told by Pontiac that I needed to replace the motor, not to mention that they quoted me 11,000.00 for the job, whew.....that is more then the blue book value on the car. I have looked every where and can not seem to find a reasonable price, I have considered trading her but don't want to part with her, my first car I bought was a silver transam in 1982, I have traded every 4 years for transams until I bought this one on 1996. I would rather restore her, her body is still beautiful and a rebuilt engine would make her work just fine.

Does anyone know where I can check for a rebuilt engine for my sick WS6?? Any information would be greatly appreciated , I am serious in need.

Thanks
Old 12-02-2004, 12:14 PM
STF Veteran

If you don't mind me saying, you'd save some money doing this job with the help of some friends that have done this before. Better yet, find a reasonably priced 98+ LS1 car in good condition, and save yourself the hassle. More power in the LS1, too. These cars can be found well below what the dealer is asking. Probably a little more than what you could find a new motor for, but then you'd have a better engine to boot.

Are you set on keeping it an LT1 motor? What are your plans for the vehicle?
Old 12-02-2004, 05:45 PM
On The Tree

There is always classicindustries.com and jegs....also www.thirdgenresource.com and www.hawksthirdgenparts.com
All of those carry all sorts of motors, the last 2 links carry new and used.
There is a guy on Ebay that has a well reputation and very good feedback that sells LT1 and LS1 motors for a decent price, the name on Ebay I believe is Fparts and they come with a 90 day warranty.

02Phoenix also has a good point, you can easily find a LS1 car really cheap, I bought my 98(from Fletch) for $9500 with little over 70,000 miles and have not had the first major problem with it.
Old 12-12-2004, 01:56 AM
Staging Lane

everything you'll ever need to know.........and plenty of stuff u will never need to know!
Old 12-12-2004, 05:38 PM
11 Second Club

I have an LT1 sitting around doing nothing.