Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SSRA users inside please

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2004, 09:14 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default SSRA users inside please

Hey guys,

Just general questions...Was wondering if you had any fitment type issues with the upper section of the box. Mine is fitting loosely. I'm unsure if it's just the way I done the FRA or something else. At any rate it's not sitting in there very securely. Have you encountered this? I'm thinking I'm either going to get another lower air box assembley and not cut as much when doing the FRA, or use some self tapping screws and screw them into the lip of the SSRA and through the front crossmember, or possibly just get some taller weather stripping. Outside of this, did you guys seal the top and bottom pieces together somehow? If so, how did you go about doing this? Oklahoma chrome(duct tape)? Thanks for reading!

TIA,
Justin
Old 12-04-2004, 11:51 PM
TECH Resident

Give me a call. I'll be happy to help.

Al
651-214-7042
Old 12-06-2004, 08:07 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi...You cut too much off the lower box. For a tight seal, leave more material.
Old 06-09-2005, 09:42 AM
TECH Regular

Hey I'm just gonna bring this one back from the dead because for one, I saw someone say that one of these ram-air systems weren't worth the cash. BS!! While this product is simple, the SSRA is quality and does help for sure. Oh yeah, can't forget to mention that Al is also a good guy to do business with. In regards to my problem, I'm sure I probably did cut a little too much away on my lower air box assembly but my biggest issue was a boneheaded mistake. I bolted the assembly down without getting the shroud over the radiator so it didn't have enough pressure coming back on the SSRA to keep it in place. Since I realized that I've had no problems at all. I don't hesistate to suggest this piece to anyone.

Justin