Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

Dyno test needed!

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2004, 11:39 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dyno test needed!

Can anyone tell me who in NY has a good dyno? I would like to test up and find out where I stand now before I go into the internals. I've called around locally to every shop in the book and no one has one and no one knows where there is one.

I'm in Albany, NY and I don't mind driving a few hours.

Help?

Thanks.
Old 12-05-2004, 11:48 AM
TECH Regular

Around our area nothing. I've been kicking the idea around at work. But the town of guilderland might not like it. I used TTP performance one of the site sponsors----------------------------------------------------------->. They are in Northern NJ and it was a couple hr there from Albany. Hello to fellow Albany, NY member. John O
Old 12-05-2004, 12:48 PM
On The Tree

That's cool. Thanks for the info on the NJ spot. I got a PM from another guy that thinks there is one in Menands. I'm trying to get the name of the place. I'll post it if I can find it. If not, it's off to NJ I go unlesss someone posts something closer.

Where in the Albany area are you from?
Old 12-05-2004, 06:30 PM
TECH Regular

I have never heard of anyone in the area that has a chassis dyno. There are some engine dyno around. I do run a Auto repair shop, I want to put one in but 30,000+ dollars for new bay and dyno is hard to convince the owner/dad to spend. If I only used it a a Driveability tool I could have one tomorrow. You could use Eastside Performance, and there is somebody in the rochester area too but I cant remember the name. Im originally from Albany and now call Guilderland home. I'll drop you a PM. John O
Old 12-05-2004, 06:56 PM
On The Tree

Great, thanks for the info. Shoot me a PM. Let me know what garage you run.
Old 12-12-2004, 05:57 PM
8 Second Club

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

I used to live/race the Albany area from 1992-2001. I never heard of any chassis dynos out there.

If you get to the Dunkin dognuts on rte 5 (State st.) on the Schenectady/Scotia line on a Saturday night,(after 10pm) my crowd hangs there. Some of them might know a place that opened since I left.

Tell them Gary said hi.
Old 12-12-2004, 07:07 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Ratical
I used to live/race the Albany area from 1992-2001. I never heard of any chassis dynos out there.

If you get to the Dunkin dognuts on rte 5 (State st.) on the Schenectady/Scotia line on a Saturday night,(after 10pm) my crowd hangs there. Some of them might know a place that opened since I left.

Tell them Gary said hi.
Hi Gary,

You may have seen me there before. I used to race a blue 99 Camaro Z-28 a couple of years ago there. My most famous race was when I beat Randy in his green 79 Camaro Z with the ZZ motor in it.

Do you remember?

John
Old 12-12-2004, 07:43 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by jcarroll845
Hi Gary,

You may have seen me there before. I used to race a blue 99 Camaro Z-28 a couple of years ago there. My most famous race was when I beat Randy in his green 79 Camaro Z with the ZZ motor in it.

Do you remember?

John
Sorry John,

When I was around there the newest F-body was a kid from Saratoga with a stroked LT1. I used to hang with Mitch,(red 69 Camaro), Keith,(teal tubbed 69 Nova), Jaimie,(blue 70 Mustang), Pat,(red 68 Camaro), Kory,(black 79 Camaro), Ray,(red 79 Cutlass), Tony,(Red supercharged 69 Road Runner), George,(69 plymouth wagon), Jeff,(yellow 71 Challenger), and a bunch of others. I hear most of them still hang there though.
Old 12-12-2004, 08:03 PM
On The Tree

Sorry John,

When I was around there the newest F-body was a kid from Saratoga with a stroked LT1. I used to hang with Mitch,(red 69 Camaro), Keith,(teal tubbed 69 Nova), Jaimie,(blue 70 Mustang), Pat,(red 68 Camaro), Kory,(black 79 Camaro), Ray,(red 79 Cutlass), Tony,(Red supercharged 69 Road Runner), George,(69 plymouth wagon), Jeff,(yellow 71 Challenger), and a bunch of others. I hear most of them still hang there though.
Cool. I remember there being a guy with a huge old wagon, that ran very well. Probably high 10s, low 11s. Of course, there was Doc Z too with his turbo 68 Camaro and Jeremy Trudell with his SC 89 or 90 Mustang GT, and then their was Randy. He had the Pro-Street VW Bug and a few other hot rods but the bug was the fastest.

Either way, it's cool to meet someone from the area. I know a few guys still hang out at the DD in Scotia but most go to McD's on Central Ave in front of Kohls (near the old K-Mart).

John
Old 12-12-2004, 08:47 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by jcarroll845
Cool. I remember there being a guy with a huge old wagon, that ran very well. Probably high 10s, low 11s. Of course, there was Doc Z too with his turbo 68 Camaro and Jeremy Trudell with his SC 89 or 90 Mustang GT, and then their was Randy. He had the Pro-Street VW Bug and a few other hot rods but the bug was the fastest.

Either way, it's cool to meet someone from the area. I know a few guys still hang out at the DD in Scotia but most go to McD's on Central Ave in front of Kohls (near the old K-Mart).

John

The big ugly green and white wagon was George. He ran 11.1's without nitrous. He never ran at the track with the nitrous that I know of. He has a tube chassis Challanger now with the motor from the wagon in it.

Doc Z is Russ Zuchovich. It is a black tubbed 71 Camaro with nice graphics. I hear he is running well into the 8's now.

Jeremy Trudell had a beautiful orange Mustang that ran low 11's. He is out of cars now and building bikes from what I hear.

I remember Randy now....Long hair and tatoos. I remember his VW also. He just got it before I left I think. His brother Dave had that 69 Dart with a bunch of demonic murals on it that was supposed to be so fast. Wouldn't stay running long enough to race anyone though.

I had that purple tubbed 68 Camaro with white stripes from Vermont. The plate said RATICAL. I still have the plates, but sold the car when I moved.

Nice talking to a back east guy again. I sort of miss the old lot.

Good luck with the dyno search.
Old 12-12-2004, 09:15 PM
On The Tree

The big ugly green and white wagon was George. He ran 11.1's without nitrous. He never ran at the track with the nitrous that I know of. He has a tube chassis Challanger now with the motor from the wagon in it.

Doc Z is Russ Zuchovich. It is a black tubbed 71 Camaro with nice graphics. I hear he is running well into the 8's now.

Jeremy Trudell had a beautiful orange Mustang that ran low 11's. He is out of cars now and building bikes from what I hear.

I remember Randy now....Long hair and tatoos. I remember his VW also. He just got it before I left I think. His brother Dave had that 69 Dart with a bunch of demonic murals on it that was supposed to be so fast. Wouldn't stay running long enough to race anyone though.

I had that purple tubbed 68 Camaro with white stripes from Vermont. The plate said RATICAL. I still have the plates, but sold the car when I moved.

Nice talking to a back east guy again. I sort of miss the old lot.

Good luck with the dyno search.

Too cool. Almost nestalgic. I haven't seen those guys in at least 3-4 years now. You were right, the wagon was green and white. He raced Randy when Randy had a red Olds (I think it was an Olds). It was an 11 second car. The wagon walked all over him. LOL Doc's (Russ') car was in the 8s last I saw him and that was on a small block setup. He tanked one motor and swapped his system around. He ran against Randy's bug and hurt his feelings. Doc had him by at least 10 car lengths easy. Not even close.

Oh, I could go on forever... I love that stuff. Running out to 890 to watch the shows. I even ran a few. Those were the days. I take it to Lebannon Valley now. I'm off the street. The cops are much tougher now. They beefed up patrol on all the race areas on Fridays and Saturdays. You just can't do it anymore.

Anyway, good talking to you too. I'll be taking my car down to NJ with a friend and his Bimmer to dyno in the early spring. I still have a bunch of stuff to mount up before I run it.

TTYL.
John

Last edited by jcarroll845; 12-12-2004 at 09:17 PM. Reason: edit

Quick Reply: Dyno test needed!