Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

80 TA vs 74 camaro 18 yrs vs 45 yrs

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2004, 03:36 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 80 TA vs 74 camaro 18 yrs vs 45 yrs

i was waiting to get onto the highway and was in the left lane which goes straight onto it. an older guy with his aviators, about 45, with a 74 mild if anything over stock camaro came up on my right. he looked at me a second and staged his car up. not to be outdone, i staged my car, and with the flowmasters, he looked back at me like whoa ****! it hit green and i pulled my front end into what i thought was a wheelie but im not sure. i let off a bit to get control and he took off as fast as his 350 could carry him. he had a length on me so i let him get in front to get on the highway, but i was about that same length right behind him i had it in 3rd and was pacing him till we made it on, then i could hear his car screaming in probably second. i pulled a lane to the left, shifted into 2nd, hit the button and looked over as a 45 year old badass's jaw dropped as he got his *** whooped by an 18 year old guy with chin length blonde hair. i slowed back down to talk to him so he wouldnt feel so bad, and he jetted off the freeway as fast as he had gotten on. i thought it was great to show that some young guys know what their doing, too.
Old 12-07-2004, 09:19 AM
On The Tree

nice kill, chalk one up for the young dudes!
was the 11.90 ET on the spray?
Old 12-07-2004, 10:57 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by sz0077
i was waiting to get onto the highway and was in the left lane which goes straight onto it. an older guy with his aviators, about 45, with a 74 mild if anything over stock camaro came up on my right. he looked at me a second and staged his car up. not to be outdone, i staged my car, and with the flowmasters, he looked back at me like whoa ****! it hit green and i pulled my front end into what i thought was a wheelie but im not sure. i let off a bit to get control and he took off as fast as his 350 could carry him. he had a length on me so i let him get in front to get on the highway, but i was about that same length right behind him i had it in 3rd and was pacing him till we made it on, then i could hear his car screaming in probably second. i pulled a lane to the left, shifted into 2nd, hit the button and looked over as a 45 year old badass's jaw dropped as he got his *** whooped by an 18 year old guy with chin length blonde hair. i slowed back down to talk to him so he wouldnt feel so bad, and he jetted off the freeway as fast as he had gotten on. i thought it was great to show that some young guys know what their doing, too.
Oh damn, a picture is worth a 1000 words there, lol. It's nice to see some of the old chums get busted too. I mean, it's good to see that some young guys know muscle too instead of the ricers.
Old 12-09-2004, 01:53 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by pwr2w8
nice kill, chalk one up for the young dudes!
was the 11.90 ET on the spray?

ya, 100 shot sniper kit. it was on radial TA's though too, which are about 3/4 gone. i can only imagine what i can do when i get slicks on it next season cuz it chirps for days when i hit the button now.
Old 12-09-2004, 01:04 PM
TECH Resident

it hit green and i pulled my front end into what i thought was a wheelie but im not sure.
not flaming you buddy but....
i AM sure you didnt pull the wheels on the street....i have seen it on video,and it has happened but you didnt.nice kill though

ya, 100 shot sniper kit. it was on radial TA's though too