Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AIR/FUEL ratio changes after ls6 and true dual install

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2004, 11:09 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default AIR/FUEL ratio changes after ls6 and true dual install

How much will the addition of true duals and an ls6 intake on a 99z28 camaro throw off a car's air fuel ratio?

Must I update the injectors on my tsp cammed car to deal with the ls6 and 3in. duals? My headers are glowing due to a probable lean condition and I am trying to fugure out why. Will a HP tuners tune fix my problem?
Old 12-07-2004, 11:17 PM
On The Tree

That seems odd... So far I've added a FAST intake, descreened MAF, LS6 Cam, Stage 2 heads, headers, no cats and though i've changed the timing table a bit, my LTRIMS are perfect except for being rich at idle RPMs.... with the stock tables... I think maybe you should look for somthing mechanical in nature, like a vacuum leak, cam timing, etc... There's no way the stock PCM will allow the AFR to be that far off (and i'm assuming you're seeing this with the car idling)
Old 12-07-2004, 11:45 PM
TECH Regular

Both header banks glow at idle(200rpm and up) .The car smells strong like fuel. Burns your eyes. I have header tape on the lower portion of the headers. I used to(old headers) get transition time o2 sensor codes. I assumed it was due to cold sensors, so I added header wrap to heat the collectore up. Could that cause the upper header area to hold enough heat to glow?

I have no idea what it could be. I swapped my tts lt headers for pacesetters when I changes my ex. system over to duals.

I guess there is no way to tell unless I purchase HP tuners and can do a proper scan. My predator is only so useful. What should timing be at idle? map sensor reading at idle?
Old 12-11-2004, 09:25 AM
TECH Regular

Did this start after the header swap?
Old 12-13-2004, 02:40 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Do you have cats? IIRC backed up cats can glow and possibly cause the headers to glow as well? Just like forced induction heating up the intake air temp, a severe exhaust restriction may be able to build up pressure and superheat the exhaust manifolds / headers. Just one theory.
Old 12-14-2004, 11:09 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 98A4LS1
Did this start after the header swap?
yes, after the header, ls6, and true dual swap (did all three at once)
Old 12-15-2004, 12:07 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

About a year ago I did just a TB and exhaust swap. I was rich all over the place including idle. Remember though, you will get some fumes with the duals. Timing at idle can vary from application to application. On my personal car, it varies from 22-28*. Also, my MAP at idle is about 45-51KPA. I have several buddies that are in the 55-70KPA Range. Different cams.

Quick Reply: AIR/FUEL ratio changes after ls6 and true dual install