Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gasoline in oil, help!

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2004, 06:49 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gasoline in oil, help!

I checked my oil today and noticed that the oil smelled like gas. Not to sure what is causing this. I have 42lbs injectors in right now, and tuned the flow rate so that it would not run pig rich, but still not 100% sure what my A/F is at. My motor was built for nitrous and know the rings on the pistons are gapped for this. Could this be a normal thing for a nitrous motor, some fuel could sneak by the ring gap and get into the fuel? Not to sure what could cause this other than that.

I notice over time the fuel will build up in the oil (3k), but it really started when I installed the cutout. Whats your input...
thanks, chris
Old 12-08-2004, 08:25 PM
Teching In

take it to the top
Old 12-08-2004, 11:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Did you smell it from when you took out the dip-stick? If not, it may because you are running cut-outs and with out cats you will smell gas everywhere.

-Todd
Old 12-09-2004, 04:22 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A lot of times your oil will smell like fuel even if there isn't much in there. Get an oil analysis done to find out for sure how much is in there. I smelled fuel in mine once, but the oil analysis showed only 0.5% fuel, which is completely normal (anything under 1 or 2% is fine)
Old 12-09-2004, 10:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Patman
A lot of times your oil will smell like fuel even if there isn't much in there. Get an oil analysis done to find out for sure how much is in there. I smelled fuel in mine once, but the oil analysis showed only 0.5% fuel, which is completely normal (anything under 1 or 2% is fine)
Good point, also try to get your A/F checked out. Even a narrow band O2 reading would be better than nothing. I changed to 28lb injectors from 21 lb in the truck before editing the fuel table and it was running soooooo rich. This could also be bad as the extra fuel can "wash" the oil off the cylinder walls and cause premature ring wear.
Old 12-09-2004, 11:17 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Patman
not too sure any place that will do an oil analysis, but would be great to know. I am going to run hp tuners and see what the voltage is looking like on my o2's. Thanks 4 the help everyone!
Old 12-09-2004, 06:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by chrdij
not too sure any place that will do an oil analysis, but would be great to know. I am going to run hp tuners and see what the voltage is looking like on my o2's. Thanks 4 the help everyone!
In the US the best place for oil analysis is Blackstone:

www.blackstone-labs.com