Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

why do some LTs trip O2 codes and some dont?

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2004, 09:33 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default why do some LTs trip O2 codes and some dont?

like the thread says...why do some Long tube headers with catted ys trip O2 codes and some dont?
Old 12-08-2004, 11:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Most likely because someone did not get 02 extensions and some did. Or put the 02 Sensors in the wrong place, or broke them. Installation error would be my guess.

Other than that, I can not see a reason.
Old 12-09-2004, 01:33 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't think that the codes a being caused by the LTs in particular.

Could be bad O2s.
Some people don't purchase extensions. The use the ghetto wire extensions. Are you talking about the rear O2s?
Old 12-09-2004, 09:24 AM
TECH Senior Member

see this thread: https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=228707 might help.
Old 12-09-2004, 09:44 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I also dont believe that the codes are being caused by the LTs directly. It's likely a bunch of variables coming togather. Some 02 bungs are thinner and stick the sensor further into the hotter exhaust. Some people live in a colder climate. Some o2 sensors are more active than others due to manufacturing tolerances. O2 extensions add a negligable ammount of resistance due to their length, which is especially insignifigant when compared to the longer "vette rear" o2 sensors.

I personally had 3 stockers go bad all on the passenger side... the original drivers side was fine. I have since switched to bosch vette rear sensors and while I have not yet thrown the SES light, I did notice one old code in history for the drivers side. This leads me to believe its kind of a "luck of the draw" when it comes to o2 sensors.

Also, after reading up on reassigning o2 pivot or switch points via hptuners or edit, ive decided to try and drop the pivot voltage. I dont know exactly how far they swing, or of the computer cares wether it crosses by alot or a little, but im gonna give it a shot.