Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Nice Ride Home for Lunch

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2004, 06:37 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Default Nice Ride Home for Lunch

A brand new CL 55 pulls up beside me with dealer tags on it with his buddy riding along .... top down. The car looks good ... sounds good, in a european way. I was in the rght lane following another car at about 50 mph (mine's an A4). They're in the left lane a half car-length ahead of me. They both laugh and look over at me and sneer at me ... like, 'Boy, that Trans Am's dead meat ... hahahahahahaha!!!!'

I looked at them and nodded and they stomped the accelerator for all it was worth. In turn, I stomped mine to the floor and it hit top end of second gear and withina portion of a second hit the 6300 shift point and jerked into 3rd as I was whipping it over in the left lane to try and keep up. By the time I hit 85 mph I went from being about 6-7 car lengths behing them to whipping back in the right lane about 4 car lengths behind them getting ready to think about making the pass. Then I hit 90 and was still gaining ... the driver looked over at his buddy and said something. they both were smiling ear-to-ear and look at their rearview and visor mirrors. i guess they thought I disappeared and when they looked right, I was getting ready to make the pass. They both look around in total shock and took an immediate turn lane to get away form me ... I guess due to embarrassment. They wouldn't look at me as I slowing ... and driving on by.

I was looking up the car 'cause I knew there was a couple of AMG's that were very fast ans thissays it is supercharged with 493 HP (at the crank, I guess) and they're supposed to have 516 ft-lbs of TQ.

My being a little under probable 380-390 RWHP, how in the hell did I beat that car? I looked to see if there was another version of the CL 55, but, I could only find the AMG supercharged. Maybe that was a non-AMG model???? I just was gaining on him for him to be a supercharged AMG. If it WAS one, then, I guess my car's a little faster than I think it is.
Old 12-10-2004, 06:40 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Oh yeah, I went back to work and looked it up on Mercedes-Benz.com and it retails for $119,995. The AMG. I'm hoping like hell it was one and not a non-supercharged CL 55.