Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thinking of getting a TCI 3500

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2004, 01:59 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thinking of getting a TCI 3500

I was wonder what else I would need to have done once it is installed for the car to run right. This is my daily driver, do I need to change the gears, will this be ok with a stock rear or will that need to go. I have read that the torque management and shift points will need to be altered. Do I need to purchase a programmer or have it tuned by a shop. Im about to install pacesetters lt's with TD also. Any information or tips would be greatly appriciated. Thanks.
Old 12-10-2004, 02:16 PM
12 Second Club

Stock rear & gears should be fine with the stall. If you have any plans of installing a cam and what not you may want to get it done and get your PCM tuned all at once cause it would be a good idea to get TQ management outta there.
Old 12-11-2004, 11:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by WillR
I was wonder what else I would need to have done once it is installed for the car to run right. This is my daily driver, do I need to change the gears, will this be ok with a stock rear or will that need to go. I have read that the torque management and shift points will need to be altered. Do I need to purchase a programmer or have it tuned by a shop. Im about to install pacesetters lt's with TD also. Any information or tips would be greatly appriciated. Thanks.

youll need a cooler and a shift kit also.
the stock rear will be fine.
id put on the headers and exhaust then do the veter and have a shop do the tune.
you have a couple of ls1 tuners in texas
also sub frames is a really good idea.