Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thrown codes: P0135 & P0137; after LT install

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2004, 04:42 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thrown codes: P0135 & P0137; after LT install

I just got my car back from the shop after getting SLP LT's, Random Tech cats, 8mm wires and Iridium plugs installed.

On the way home the SES light came on. I plugged my Predator up to the car to read the codes, and this is what came up:

P0135: O2S Heater Curcuit, Bank 1 Sensor 1, Malfunction

P0137: O2S Circuit, Bank1 Sensor 2, low voltage

So basically, in laymans... what does this mean? Is one of my O2 sensors bad? Is it loose wiring?

Also... what kind of damage could this do to the car if ran prolonged like this?

I plan on getting it fixed ASAP, just wondering...
Old 12-10-2004, 04:47 PM
TECH Junkie

sounds to me like you have a problem with both O2 sensors on the drivers side of the exhuast. I would start by double checking the connections. Do you have ATap? Might want to look at the readings of the O2 sensors as well. Make sure the wiring is not touching the headers/exhuast pipes...... my $0.02
Old 12-10-2004, 05:47 PM
TECH Regular

The O2s are fine. Do a search on these codes. I have the same problem, as do most people. The 135 is because the O2 is farther down the exhaust and does not have the heat as it did before. O2s need heat. Without it they do not work properly and throw codes.
Old 12-10-2004, 05:47 PM
12 Second Club

do SLP LT's have only two O2's? also, the stock O2's usually are too short to reach for Lt's. Another factor is that the relocation of the o2's doesnt allow them to get hot enough to get a proper reading, so they could possibly not be getting hot enough to get a proper reading. look into it.
Old 12-10-2004, 06:01 PM
Launching!

I'll look into it....

...each header has one hole where the O2 installs.... and it is further down the header, near the collector. The other O2 holes are on the Y-pipe after the cat.

The shop was saying they had to extend the wiring harnesses because they were too shot for the LT's.

So... if the O2's aren't getting enought heat, how would I correctly remedy this?

Also, would this explain the rear O2 throwing a low voltage code? That to me sounds like wiring, but this stuff is Greek to me...
Old 12-22-2004, 07:29 AM
Launching!

Actaully, it turned out to be nothing.

The PCM had to re-learn the new locations for the O2 sensors. I checked the O2 sensors and all wiring... everything was fine. So I went into the Predator and cleared the codes and took it for a spin...

... and no more thrown codes!
Old 01-21-2005, 07:18 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Grave
Actaully, it turned out to be nothing.

The PCM had to re-learn the new locations for the O2 sensors. I checked the O2 sensors and all wiring... everything was fine. So I went into the Predator and cleared the codes and took it for a spin...

... and no more thrown codes!

Nevermind... the codes came back after that!

What fixed the problem was the Bosch 1311 Vette O2 sensors. It seemed to take care of the front O2 DTC codes, and oddly enough the rear O2's don't seem to trip out anymore either. Weird...

But...

Now I'm running P1153 for Insufficient Switching, Bank 2, Sensor 1.

It's the only DTC code that's coming up now...

Quick Reply: Thrown codes: P0135 & P0137; after LT install