Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

sweet thunder mufflers

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2004, 06:47 PM
Possible Scammer - Buyer Beware - Issues Unresolved

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sweet thunder mufflers

is there any difference in the sound between 304 stainless steel and aluminized steel mufflers???

doug
Old 12-10-2004, 11:03 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

dont belive there would be they will sound great regardless though
Old 12-10-2004, 11:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

no sound difference, like pewter said they both sound badass. might be a price difference tho.
Old 12-11-2004, 07:28 AM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

They claim their unique sound is due to the material thickness they use. I doubt the stainless will change the sound characteristics. The SS is really only for those that are afraid of the things rusting.
Old 12-11-2004, 07:29 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 12-11-2004, 01:09 PM
TECH Regular

I have the aluminized steel while a friend of mine has the stainless. The set-up is different but they sound pretty similar to me.
Old 12-11-2004, 02:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

I just ordered up a set of stainless mufflers from sweet thunder. Very shady. Guy took my card number and couldn't give me a total for the items/shipping or a date when they should arrive. Anyone else have the same experience? Is it like Harlan or GMMG where the business aspect sucks but the product is great anyways?
Old 12-11-2004, 04:39 PM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 5POINT7
I just ordered up a set of stainless mufflers from sweet thunder. Very shady. Guy took my card number and couldn't give me a total for the items/shipping or a date when they should arrive. Anyone else have the same experience? Is it like Harlan or GMMG where the business aspect sucks but the product is great anyways?
I emailed them about a month ago and I got a shipping quote. They said to mention the shipping quote when I called to order the mufflers... I found that a bit odd.
Old 12-12-2004, 11:36 AM
On The Tree

You'll be okay. The guys name is Mike I believe. I paid 68-70 if I remember with shipping for one 18 stainless steel muffler. I thought it was kind of shady too but I risked it. I received my muffler in 5-6 days. Happy with the product.
Old 12-12-2004, 04:17 PM
Launching!

Same exact thing happened to me, but the guy said to email he and he would give me the full info. So a day later, I emailed him and I had a tracking number with a full amount total. Got the mufflers fast and with no problems.
Old 12-12-2004, 04:47 PM
Sweet Cheeks

Weird. It sounds like they charge whatever they want for shipping. I guess it depends on what kind of mood they're in.
Old 03-07-2005, 05:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

Just wanted to say I received great customer service from Mike when I ordered my Sweet Thunders. I called him on last Wed and talked to him for a couple min and it was about 3:30 pm. I asked him can they go out today and told him I kinda need them by Friday. He said his normal pick up is around 3:30 and he said he will try his best. I said if you do get them out today can you give me a call with the Tracking #. It was less than 5min and he called me with a TRK #. I tracked them later that night and sure enough they were on the way. Just wanted to bring this back to the top with something positve.