Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

I Must Be Getting Old

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2004, 11:46 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I Must Be Getting Old

I actually backed down from a street-race. High school had just let out, and I got lined up with a black RSX-S at a stop-light. I didn't think much of it til I heard him peel his tires away from the light. Already at a disadvantage I gunned it in first gear, and was about a length behind as I went for second....but instead of hitting it hard, I just backed off and resumed normal driving. The RSX almost ran straight into traffic ahead of him, and continued on his way. I probably would have had enough room ahead of me to pass him, but I would have had to get it up to 65-70mph. As much as I would have liked to smoke him, it just wasn't worth it, especially in the kind of traffic that comes with school letting out. Just pisses me off that he probably thinks he smoked a Z28. Anybody every have this happen to them? Am I getting older...or just smarter?
Old 12-11-2004, 12:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Going through all of my FireFighter/EMS training has made me think twice about street racing also. I'll be more than happy to run somebody, but only at the track.
Old 12-11-2004, 12:20 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by bottlefed5.0
Going through all of my FireFighter/EMS training has made me think twice about street racing also. I'll be more than happy to run somebody, but only at the track.

My sentiments exactly. Runs at the track cost $20. Runs on the street can cost infinately more.
Old 12-11-2004, 12:25 PM
Banned

Older and smarter, so what if he thinks he beat a Z, look at this way you made his day
Old 12-11-2004, 12:41 PM
14 Second Truck Club

Being a Chicago firefighter, I have seen the results of reckless street racing, and I will back down more often than not. Plus, I have been busted for street racng before, and that isnt fun. I usually try to find an open industrial area with no people around. I deffinetly dont like the high school hang out areas for racing, they are way too reckless.
If you are getting old, then I am getting old- so lets just say that we are both just getting wiser.
Old 12-11-2004, 12:48 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

You made a good choice. I'll only go if the situation is right. Sometimes I'll fabricate that situation though...slow traffic down on the highway to clear room ahead. Regular streets are a bit more tricky. Gotta be very careful that no other cars/people around.
Old 12-11-2004, 02:02 PM
TECH Junkie

UNIT, I like the way you think.....

.....sometimes.......
Old 12-11-2004, 02:03 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by ZeeQuick
I actually backed down from a street-race. High school had just let out, and I got lined up with a black RSX-S at a stop-light. I didn't think much of it til I heard him peel his tires away from the light. Already at a disadvantage I gunned it in first gear, and was about a length behind as I went for second....but instead of hitting it hard, I just backed off and resumed normal driving. The RSX almost ran straight into traffic ahead of him, and continued on his way. I probably would have had enough room ahead of me to pass him, but I would have had to get it up to 65-70mph. As much as I would have liked to smoke him, it just wasn't worth it, especially in the kind of traffic that comes with school letting out. Just pisses me off that he probably thinks he smoked a Z28. Anybody every have this happen to them? Am I getting older...or just smarter?
It has nothing to do with your getting older, it had to do with you having a damn brain. For that I commend you.

Brains are not as common these days.

Last edited by titanium barchetta; 12-11-2004 at 02:54 PM.
Old 12-11-2004, 02:16 PM
Staging Lane

way to keep the streets safe............there is a time and place for that and it not right after school lets out!!!way to use your head
Old 12-11-2004, 04:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks guys....I'm with Unit the whole way...I'll street race when challanged, but only if there is no traffic around and not a lot of places for cops to hide....even then I won't take it past 70mph. Definitely not worth the consequences....whether its an Acura RSX or a damn Porshe wanting to play with you.
Old 12-11-2004, 10:26 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by ZeeQuick
smarter as everyone already said.