Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Newbie question

Old 12-11-2004, 01:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Newbie question

I have a 01 ws6 with SFC's, Stb, Adjustable Lower Control arms with weld in brackets All from BMR." Lower control arms are not installed yet. I am running on my 10bolt'r, which i had serviced at the dealer b4 i stored it, They checked spec's and looks great. As well z06 clutch "dril mod". Which was also inspected by the shop doing cam and springs install. In addition i have n2o kit with about 140rwhp gain LT's with TSP TD's. It is not a track drivin car, more street driving conditions. But i would like to be able to hook up in 2nd gear ffs!.

1. Should i use the LCA with weld in brackets. or just install under normal brackets?

2. Which tire is going to work the best in my situation? 17" wheels. I have read about the nitto's + i see the MT offers a et Street tire as well? The car is not a daily driver nor does it see rain, sleet, snow. Thats what my beator is for.

Your opinions would mean more to me than some tire sale'schmo trying to tell me!
Old 12-12-2004, 10:10 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Relocation brakets, weld in are supposedly stronger, and are virtually permanent, bolt in work fine, can be removed, but also can be welded in . . .

Tires, a drag radial BFG, Nitto . . .
Old 12-13-2004, 06:56 AM
TECH Apprentice

ty sir
Old 02-09-2005, 04:48 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I thought the relocation brackets, bolt-in or weld-in, were for lowered cars to regain the angle they loose when the axle is moved closer to the car...

You're in FW? My folks moved there, I'll be there in March for a week. Any good spots to go?

Oh, and I'd go with the Nittos. They're a great tire that's proven themselves again and again
Old 02-10-2005, 12:33 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by CamTom12
I thought the relocation brackets, bolt-in or weld-in, were for lowered cars to regain the angle they loose when the axle is moved closer to the car...

You're in FW? My folks moved there, I'll be there in March for a week. Any good spots to go?

Oh, and I'd go with the Nittos. They're a great tire that's proven themselves again and again

Thanks for the as put > <<in a good way LOL. Thanks for reading it and taking time after the post was so old. I think I will go with the nitto's. Definitely. This spring hehe.

Search this Thread