Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

wich is better fuel reg 92 or 93 with alcohol

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2004, 03:43 PM
single digit dreamer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Default wich is better fuel reg 92 or 93 with alcohol

i am usualy pushing the limits of the fuel i have and recently they started selling 93 octane with 10% alcohol. the next best fuel is 92 octane with no alcohol. the 93 is cheaper.

i am always pushing a lot of boost and often mix the pump gas with leaded race fuel. is there any reason why the 93 they just started selling would not be as good as the 92?
Old 12-11-2004, 10:01 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can't imagine that the 92 is better. 93 octane plus the cooling power of alcohol seems to be perfect for a forced induction engine. Alcohol is cheaper than gasoline, and maybe that's why the 93 +alky is cheaper. I personally would try a little on a near empty tank just to see if you can feel any difference. I'm not an expert on this and this is just my opinion. Hell, with everything you've already been through, why not try it?
Old 12-11-2004, 10:17 PM
tjw
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Alcohol is more reactive than gasoline. It's harder on everything in the fuel system that isn't stainless or plastic. Not that the 10% or so they put in is fatal, but I avoid it when I can.
Old 12-13-2004, 02:33 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by tjw
Alcohol is more reactive than gasoline. It's harder on everything in the fuel system that isn't stainless or plastic. Not that the 10% or so they put in is fatal, but I avoid it when I can.
A shot of jameson never ate through my styrofoam coffee cup!