Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

just bought mac mids? anyone have trouble installing these? got them and y for 250$!

Old 12-11-2004, 10:43 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default just bought mac mids? anyone have trouble installing these? got them and y for 250$!

well i picked up a pair of mac mids and offroad pipe that are like new with no rust.. was going to do lt's and offroad y with my cutout.. but was going to have to get smething cheap like flowtech..

the macs tho while only midlength i heard fit great, flow great and dont sacrafice any lowend?? all these things true.. i got them at a great price.. the guy has to sale everything off his car to fix pistons and bottomend from h/c problems i believe... so hell i only paid 250$ for all + a 45 minute drive? did i get a good deal???? they were on a show car, that was kept in perfect condition everytime ive seen it.. also no rust or leaks what ya'll think?
Old 12-12-2004, 02:29 AM
On The Tree

MACs are ok I had them before my longtubes, however you should have saved out and got a set of pacesetters.
Old 12-12-2004, 05:53 AM
FormerVendor

I hear good things about Macs, most will still say go with the lts but I say for the price you paid you can't go wrong. Good luck with them.
Old 12-12-2004, 06:14 AM
On The Tree

hell yea.. im 19 yo and as u can see from the mods in the sig i dont have much after a payment on a 02 z28.. im trying to get into the 10's the best way i know how dammit lol! and my mama wanted to buy me something for xmas.. was ready to lay down 500 on lt headers.. since im 19 now i figured id lose 3hp at most and save her 250$ cuase i know she was intent on getting me something... now maybe she can spend the 250$$ on herself or more now on my lil brother!! so i had my reasons for getting macs... that and being 19 and this being first car ive worked on they'll be easier to install myself and i still come out better then my old setup!!!!

anyone have any suggestions on possibly helping them last by painting with some 1200 degree engine paint??? a lil sanding and spraying??

also can anyone tell me how to port them.. dont quite get what everyone means by that but i could use the extra 2hp it might get me.. thanks a lot guys
Old 12-12-2004, 07:43 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

The MAC's om my '99 were a tight squeeze. If you take off the coil packs (which you'll want to do, anyway) they'll drop in without much trouble. I thought the passenger side wasn't going in, but, I took the A/C bracket loose and it dropped tight in ... had to tap it with a hammer a few times. Both sides will be tight.

Search this Thread