Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

for those with vacuum gauges hooked up???

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2004, 10:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default for those with vacuum gauges hooked up???

where did you source the vacuum? i can't find a line small enough to work with the tee-fitting that autometer gives you?
Old 12-13-2004, 01:00 PM
Teching In

I don't know but if you find something please let me know. I would like to hook my vac gauge back up but have seen no easy way to do this on my 6.0l.
Old 12-13-2004, 01:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

I used an awl and poked a tiny hole in the line that goes to the brake booster, put the plastic fitting in there, and used sealant around the hole. Works great, and no problems in 7+ months.
Old 12-13-2004, 04:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Mike94ZLT1
I used an awl and poked a tiny hole in the line that goes to the brake booster, put the plastic fitting in there, and used sealant around the hole. Works great, and no problems in 7+ months.

i thought of this but i honestly don't think i've got the guts to try it...
Old 12-13-2004, 10:01 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you could do what mike did, or you could buy an adapter that would allow you to port off the booster line too.
Old 12-14-2004, 01:00 PM
Teching In

Where would the booster line hook up on a 6.0?
Old 12-14-2004, 01:26 PM
TECH Addict

I haven't looked at it, but why not cut the line going to the booster and put a T fitting in there? I haven't looked...is the booster line a solid line or something?
Old 12-14-2004, 01:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Another_User
I haven't looked at it, but why not cut the line going to the booster and put a T fitting in there? I haven't looked...is the booster line a solid line or something?

it's not a solid line its just HUGE in comparison to the other vacuum lines all the way in the back of the motor....it's tough to find a way to T a 3/4" hose and a 1/8" tube. i found a block fitting that will accept fittings for the smaller lines with a compression fitting to seal the little plastic tube into the third port but i can't seem to get to a vacuum line that small to make it work. they're all the way back on the intake under the cowl....(in an f-body anyway.)
Old 12-14-2004, 03:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You have vacuum between the pcv and the tb, and vacuum between the purge solenoid and the front of the intake.

The purge line is a hard nylon line. I don't remember what the pcv line was, I re-did all that with my swap and the LS6 setup.
Old 12-14-2004, 04:33 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by John_D.
You have vacuum between the pcv and the tb, and vacuum between the purge solenoid and the front of the intake.

The purge line is a hard nylon line. I don't remember what the pcv line was, I re-did all that with my swap and the LS6 setup.
I was thinking about that. That is where I would have tried first I think. Now I want to get one...
Old 12-16-2004, 11:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

update -- a buddy of mine found a vacuum source today and T-ed into it in 10 minutes.

i was too frustrated trying to find a place to tap into the vacuum so he said he could take care of it.

he didn't tell me exactly what he used but he said something about a port off the map sensor that goes to the heater controls...

not only could i not see it or feel it back there, i never even would have thought of it.

in any case, the idle is good, no codes and the gauge is showing 20 in/hg. at idle so everything seems to be good.