PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New turbo setup. What to tune with????!

Old 12-12-2004, 03:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Exclamation New turbo setup. What to tune with????!

Guys,

I am a complete noob when it comes to tuning. In just a few weeks my car will have an Incon TT on it and I have no idea what I'm going to do yet about tuning.

I dont want to spend an arm and a leg on it either. I heard that the new HPtuners almost tunes the car itself....is this true?

I also saw Parish's write up on the Megasquirt, and saw that it is a lot better than LS1edit for tuning with big hp numbers. And you can run different boost numbers on the fly.

I am looking for a wideband as well if I go with the HPtuners....still looking though. Any suggestions?

Help me out please, I'm LOST!
Old 12-13-2004, 11:37 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just my $.02, but I think the best bang-for-the-buck setup is a Megasquirt controlling both fuel and timing...

There are a LOT of guys here who'll tell you LS1edit is easy, etc. but compared to Megasquirt it practically requires a rocket scientist to use accurately...

You cannot beat the price, and I can speak for MS's reliability - it's rock solid. Doing the EDIS setup requires a little fab work, but should be worth it in the end.

If oyu already have Edit, I'd go with a Fuel-only setup like Parish8's, then consider migrating to EDIS after you have that running.

If you do go fuel only, we can share his MSQ with you and the motor will start/run and we can walk you through tuning. It's a breeze....

-scott

Search this Thread