Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The Battery Chronicles

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2004, 01:40 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default The Battery Chronicles

The roads here are currently salt free. I put my Z under full coverage from storage so I could take it to the dealer for warranty work this morning, that's where it's at now.

Recently I discovered corrosion on the positive terminal and (after searching the forums) suspected another case of a shitty delco leaking again. But I returned to the dealer later on to retrieve my house keys off my ring. And the tech who had delt with it said it was the positive cable that had a gouge in it, near the terminal. He had cleaned away all the corrosion already, and so I could see what he was talking about. I dont know what would cause corrosion from a wire? Hopefully the new cable will arrive tomorrow and when I get it home I'm going to pull the delco and probably aquire an optima red top. I asked what would be done about the area where some corrosion dripped on the metal below and he said he could put on some kind of undercoat or something. I plan on calling in the morning to have them go ahead and do this, whatever it is.

I thought I'd add this to the archives because it isnt exactly a case of another leaky delco.

Anyone who reads this post, I do have a question. As kind of a sleeper mod, what power gains could I see from a LS6 cam? I will also have a lid, catback and I'd get a tune with the cam, but I may just get a tune either way. I've got almost a year before warranty is up and I think no one would be the wiser if I had an LS6 cam installed and tuned at Speed inc.
Old 12-15-2004, 09:49 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by LSWannabe
Anyone who reads this post, I do have a question. As kind of a sleeper mod, what power gains could I see from a LS6 cam? I will also have a lid, catback and I'd get a tune with the cam, but I may just get a tune either way. I've got almost a year before warranty is up and I think no one would be the wiser if I had an LS6 cam installed and tuned at Speed inc.
From what I've learn here, the LS6 cam should give you 25-35rwhp in the upper rpm's with the other mods you've listed. You won't gain anything however in the lower rpm's. LS1 and LS6 cams have almost identical curves up to 4800 rpm's, and then the LS6 cam begin to pull away from the LS1 cam.
Attached Thumbnails The Battery Chronicles-ls1_vs_ls6_cam.jpg  
Old 12-15-2004, 02:55 PM
11 Second Club

optima red-top

depending on the price id say go with a bigger cam, but you want a sleeper mod, i personally love that lopey chug sound, im leaning towards a TR224