Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Quick Market Survey

Old 12-15-2004, 11:32 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quick Market Survey

I'm wondering if you guys can give me some feed back...

If there were a New intake manifold to come out that required a cowl hood, but flowed as good if not better than the LSX, required two stock throttle bodies, and had a major shock factor to it, would you consider purchasing it?? If you worked at a shop and tried it on your personal vehicle would you try to get your boss to sell this product??

Would this at all interest anyone in the performance market???

And yes a new intake system would be devised to work with this manifold. The throttle body mounts would also be able to bolt the 90mm LSX to it. There would be complete kits included as well.

This would probably work best with big cube forced induction cars, but better airflow is better airflow and after all an engine is just a big air pump...

And finally would you pay near $1200 for something this exotic???

Thanks
Chris
Old 12-15-2004, 06:37 PM
12 Second Club

No...
Old 12-15-2004, 06:48 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by AllThrottle4U
No...
Agreed.
Old 12-16-2004, 10:07 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Another_User
Agreed.
Any specific reason's?? The $1200 would probably get you two 75mm T/B's, the fuel rails, and everything else neccesary to put it in an N/A application.

I'm just trying to get an idea if I should even fabricate something for you guys to look at or not....I think it'll work really well, but I really don't want ot give ideas away, to someone with more time and money....

Chris
Old 12-16-2004, 10:29 AM
On The Tree

def. not
Old 12-16-2004, 11:08 AM
12 Second Club

The best way to do this is build a prototype for your vehicle. Test it out, record any gains and publish it. If people are interested enough, then you might want to start thinking about producing it to sell. Otherwise, I dont think its too feasible to attempt to sell something that doesnt exist.
Old 12-16-2004, 11:15 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by NateLS1
The best way to do this is build a prototype for your vehicle. Test it out, record any gains and publish it. If people are interested enough, then you might want to start thinking about producing it to sell. Otherwise, I dont think its too feasible to attempt to sell something that doesnt exist.
Well the test set will be started here shortly, and the test car will be a cam only car. It'll be tested N/A vs. an LSX 78mm, that will be going on it. So I guess I should have left this alone until that test is done.

Oh, well figured it couldn't hurt to ask...

Chris

I'll also have an LT1 version done by the end of summer on a twin turbo car as well....
Old 12-16-2004, 11:15 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How big of a cowl hood would you need to run? lol Hell,I do'nt mind thinking out side of the box....
Have any "spy shots"?
Old 12-16-2004, 11:18 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by IMKMFAST
How big of a cowl hood would you need to run? lol Hell,I do'nt mind thinking out side of the box....
Have any "spy shots"?
If it needs a cowl at all it would be a small 2" requirement. Unfortunately I don't have any right now...Once the first set is done than maybe I'll have something though..

Chris
Old 12-16-2004, 11:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

No way. Needs to utilize the stock hood first off. Even custom sheet metal intakes can typically use the stock hood. And they make the most power of all.

Not to mention $1200 price tag. That's what a 90MM LSX setup costs, but you can keep your stock hood with that. Unless this thing outflows everything on the market, I can't see anyone buying it except for the show car aspect.

Dope
Old 12-16-2004, 12:01 PM
Teching In

The goal is to make it fit under the stock hood, but if it turns out to not be possible, then it would only need a 2" cowl... And the goal is to out flow everything currently on the market....I know lofty, but that's the goal...

Chris
Old 12-16-2004, 01:43 PM
Banned

i also like the whole outside the box deal but dont think it would be a money maker in the least. i say just design a custom sheet metal that fits under the stock hood with two 78mm tb's for shock factor ala viper style
Old 12-16-2004, 04:32 PM
Teching In

that's kinda where I was going with it, but not the exact same....But more shock factor, and I'm pretty sure it'll flow at least as well as the LSX....porbably better.

Crhis
Old 12-16-2004, 04:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by crash
that's kinda where I was going with it, but not the exact same....But more shock factor, and I'm pretty sure it'll flow at least as well as the LSX....porbably better.

Crhis
shock factor is for ricers
show us significant gains and I think you would get a better response. For 1200, and little or equal gain to that of the LSx. I just don't see the point

it's a good concept, try it out and let us know the results.
Old 12-16-2004, 04:50 PM
Teching In

when I get the first LT1 set done I'll invite you to see it as you're probably close enought that it won't be a far drive...The car it'll go on is in Elgin as well...so I'll let you know once I have that one done, but I can't imagine the LT1 and the LS1 manifolds being much different, aside from the flanges....At least on this car..

Chris

Search this Thread