LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

AP Engineering - STS Kit - Status??

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2004, 08:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default AP Engineering - STS Kit - Status??

I ordered an STS kit at the end of October on the startup GP. Credit card was billed in early November. Asked if the kit would be shipping in 3-4 weeks, and was told to expect it to be much faster than that. Now we're over 5 weeks and I haven't gotten any real answers yet.

Nick PM'd me on 11/16 asking if I had any questions. I PM'd back asking for an estimated ship date, read receipt on 11/17. Never got an answer to the PM though.

Called Chris one day right before Thanksgiving, and he said "they're starting to ship now..." Haven't seen anything yet. No tracking number, no boxes...

Emailed Jason on 12/1 asking about an estimated ship date. Never got an answer to the email.

I'm not really in a hurry for the kit, but I get a little uneasy when I'm not getting any communication, and the time keeps slipping on by.

Having tried PM, phone, and email already, I figured I'd give it a shot on here and see what happens.

For the other 4 startup GP buyers - if any of you see this - how many of you have gotten your kits yet, or at least a ship date estimate?
Old 12-15-2004, 08:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

I originally posted this a few days after my email to Jason.

There was a little bandwagoning that got tacked on, and some helpful "character references" from some people I know. But I wanted to keep this thread on the main subject. And that was that I needed some communication on this thing...

So I deleted the original thread and have started it back up with just "the facts". (as they relate to this situation)

Chris called and talked to me two times the day he found out about my original posting. He also said he would follow up in 3-4 days, but it took a little longer.

Today I posted again asking for an update.
Chris sent me a fedex tracking number this evening.

The kit is drop-shipped from STS, it's not shipped from AP Engineering. It was really in the hands of the STS people to follow through on the order, and it sounds like they've had their hands full with a number of orders recently.

So I think we're all set now.

Watch for posts later on, in FI or Drag Racing (or somewhere), to see how my car does with the STS on top of a 380-390 rwhp baseline...
Old 12-15-2004, 08:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

p.s. Chris apologized to me for the delays, he passed along apologies from STS, and he also offered that if I need any technical assistance with the kit to please call him...

I wanted to mention this, because it means a lot when a vendor/distributor apologizes, even when it's not their direct fault. Too many times I read about vendors never even bothering to apologize for a problem.
Old 12-20-2004, 05:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

It's here. Looks good!!
Old 12-20-2004, 06:47 PM
Under criminal investigation for fraud

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good to hear John!! Have fun and let me know if you have any questions or need anything.
Old 12-21-2004, 04:30 AM
Deranged Rat Fink

John_D. needs lots of help, are you good with psychology?

Quick Reply: AP Engineering - STS Kit - Status??