Qtec front cover/pump Intro GP

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2004, 04:05 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default The Quick Cam Cover/pump Intro GP

GM Gen III LS1 & LS6 Quick Cam Cover
A timing cover that is of a two piece design. By removing the top cover allows your camshaft to be replaced with out the pulling the crank pulley off the car. This is really helpful on the C5 Corvettes because they have to drop the rack and pinion to pull the crank pulley off the car. Made out of heavy duty aircraft aluminum, not a stamped OEM piece. Very strong and has OEM fitment. Comes with OEM crank seal.

Never deal with Oiling issues again!
Since we designed this cover from scratch we where able to create high volume oil pump. You could not accomplish this with the factory cover due to its size. We enlarged the lower half of the cover to accommodate a larger oil pump. The QTP oil pump provides more volume of oil at a higher pressure relief setting. The pump is designed with a gerotor designed to displace more than 15% more oil than the original GM design. A 2mm thicker gear rotor compared to the factory rotor. The relief spring installed in the pump is designed to increase the internal by-pass pressure setting an additional 10 psi. An additional spring is supplied which will reduce the internal by-pass pressure back to original settings. The pump design has also been improved by reducing flow restriction. In addition, pump materials have been changed to improve performance and durability. These changes improve the pump’s efficiency resulting in better performance especially during priming and at low rpm. This is not a ported oem pump. Brand new cast pump that will out performane any ported factory unit!
MORE PICS AND INFO
Regularly priced at $599, we are offering a pre-order special for $549.99.

This expires 12/31/04, and will be ready to ship by mid-January.

Please email me direct tom@ls1speed.com to get in on the GP.

Tom

Last edited by LS1 SPEED INC.; 12-16-2004 at 04:16 PM.
Old 12-18-2004, 01:41 AM
10 Second Club

Thumbs up

Nice deal.
Old 12-24-2004, 08:00 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by LS1LT1
Nice deal.
I agree but how reliable is the pump and who makes it? -- To be honest I would feel more comfortable knowing it was a ported competitors simply because most of them have established that they can hold-up over time.

Don't get me wrong. I am very interested in this kit but would like to know more about the R/D & Testing of the pump. I would imagine alot of other people would want to know as well.
Old 12-24-2004, 04:02 PM
BMW ///M Nerd

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree with Camaro. I dont have any doubts in the product persay... But I would like to know how well that pump is going to hold up. Overall, it's a great idea, and adds some "bling bling" to the front of the motor. I'd just like to know how well the pump itself will hold up, just for assurance, as my car is a street driven car.
Old 12-25-2004, 04:10 PM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I assume this cover doesn't work with a double roller chain since I cannot get the cam gear off w/o moving the crank gear out some...this also means that the balancer has to be removed, oil pump removed, and the oil pan dropped a little.

There isn't enough slack in the double roller...so really it is a choice between a double roller chain or a 2 piece front cover...

Unless I am missing something or doing cam swaps wrong....?