View Full Version : Z06 vs "another car"

Debian Dog
12-17-2004, 02:04 AM
The Vet race is in second half of video but first..... the "other" car runs a 11.64 at the track (http://www.radford.edu/~jseemuell/SILVERSCOOBY.wmv)

Here is a mirror (http://www.mvdsl.com/~fabian/video/SILVERSCOOBY.wmv) if first link is dead.

Since the vet mods are not listed in the vid:
Cartek HC package
Stage 2 heads
Cartek tuning
Haltek intake
TPI headers
B&B exhaust
no cats
4.10 gears
Spec Stage 3 clutch

We know this because the guy with the Z06 and the "other" car are friends. They can actually talk to each other without the ignorant "Your car is :wrist:" and "your car is a :turd:" talk

Imagine :eyes:

redrocketls1
12-17-2004, 02:54 AM
neons suck!

Camaro Junkie
12-17-2004, 03:14 AM
Nice Vid BUT. . Am I the only one whos knows just how much of a piece of shit the neon really is !! 15'000 miles if ur lucky on a head gasket, 30'000 miles on the tranny if ur lucky. Why Why Why would u put money into a piece of shit car like a NEON !?!?!?

Please Lord Pray for us . . . .

StreetnStrip
12-17-2004, 04:16 AM
neons suck!what he said and thanks for wasting my time I mean I was expecting to see something worth watching

unit213
12-17-2004, 06:12 AM
Hi. :wavey:

Debian Dog
12-17-2004, 06:50 AM
Nice Vid BUT. . Am I the only one whos knows just how much of a piece of shit the neon really is !! 15'000 miles if ur lucky on a head gasket, 30'000 miles on the tranny if ur lucky. Why Why Why would u put money into a piece of shit car like a NEON !?!?!?

Please Lord Pray for us . . . .

Well... not really. The PSI car has been pushing over 450 HP for over 30K no problems and yes you have to put a real clutch in it when you add that much HP. Things really do not start breaking till the +600 HP range. As proven twice by this guy Steve (not the one in the vid) He has popped two motors both of them while running 40+ lbs of boost.

Like I told you guys before it is only about $3600 to run 11's in an SRT-4 and still maintain dependability. (http://www.psifimotorsports.com/turbokit.htm)

BYE! :wavey:

Debian Dog
12-17-2004, 07:02 AM
what he said and thanks for wasting my time I mean I was expecting to see something worth watching

And you wonder why www.StreetNstrip.org is empty? I don't.

DarkSideSS
12-17-2004, 07:32 AM
nice vid. That Srt-4 was packing some serious power. Don't listen to these guys they're just upset that the SRT-4 could walk all over their cars.

unit213
12-17-2004, 09:59 AM
nice vid. That Srt-4 was packing some serious power. Don't listen to these guys they're just upset that the SRT-4 could walk all over their cars.
I would destroy that Neon. That has nothing to do with it.

Sure, the power it makes is impressive for a little 4 banger. No question about that.

2000 SILVERADO
12-17-2004, 11:28 AM
I think I'm going to take a fully auto shotgun and shot every neon I see. :)

D Rock
12-17-2004, 12:03 PM
I don't see why some of you guys don't give the neon much respect. I like it becuase it is a fast car, it is keeping up with a H/C Z06. I like fast cars, including neons :)

SmokingWS6
12-17-2004, 01:12 PM
http://www.beaterz.com/random_bin/beaterz1.jpg

Spritle
12-17-2004, 01:22 PM
I don't see why some of you guys don't give the neon much respect. I like it becuase it is a fast car, it is keeping up with a H/C Z06. I like fast cars, including neons :)

I think, at least for me, is that it seems that all econo-box racers in general are always trying to prove something. Almost like they seek the respect from guys with fast cars so they can feel accepted. Maybe, maybe not. Let me put an example up. Nothing to do with this post (or postees within), just posts like these in general.

I'm a member of four car sites. None of which have anything to do a four cylinder turbo car of any kind. Yet, in every Picture/Video forum there is always someone posting a video of a "fast" 4cyl walking various stock or modded V8's. The annoyance factor of always seeing these types of videos posted and usually followed by a snide comment like "V8 owned by 4cyl." Again, almost like they keep trying to prove something.

Personally, I don't care about what a Neon/Imprezza/Lancer will do with $XX in modifications. If I did, chances are I would go to a board that is dedicated to those types of cars. I don't like those cars and have absolutely 0 intention on ever even thinking about possibly considering buying one.

Once again, just my opinions and nothing directed at anyone in this thread.

RaNsOm
12-17-2004, 01:30 PM
repost anyone?

camarochris
12-17-2004, 01:32 PM

I agree, a fast car is a fast car, whether it be a neon, a minivan, a vette or a ferrari. I give respect where respect is due, and that srt4 is packing a nice lil punch.

6 spd LT1
12-17-2004, 03:03 PM
nice video :gay: :wrist: that was very boring

unit213
12-17-2004, 04:28 PM
Once again, just my opinions and nothing directed at anyone in this thread.
Sig pic max size is 500x150. Please chop it down. Thanks. :cool:

1QWIKZ
12-17-2004, 04:59 PM
:zzz: :violin: :givesfuck finding 11 sec an neon is like finding a needle in a hay stack. TROLL ALERT TROLL ALERT TROLL ALERT TROLL ALERT

GoldenVelvet
12-17-2004, 05:08 PM
The little turbo neon is a hell of a car for the money. And I really do like them for what they are. However, I do get annoyed with certain LS1tech members constantly trying to force them on me. Perhaps even trying to ambush me or smuggle the car by referring to is as "another" thing. If I wanted to see videos of neons doing neon things I would go to a neon forum.

Spritle
12-17-2004, 05:12 PM
Sig pic max size is 500x150. Please chop it down. Thanks. :cool:

Whoops, sorry about that.

Derek98z
12-17-2004, 05:15 PM
neons suck!

:funny: yep

redrocketls1
12-17-2004, 10:52 PM
thanks for supporting my neons suck post guys!!!!! means the world to a 19yo in a ls1 that has done nothing but try and keep idiots in these cars at bay and teach them to bow down to the mighty ls1...... seems its more of a struggle around here everyday, more and more kids buying 4 bangers and talkin shit!

Mike98WS6
12-17-2004, 11:15 PM
Nice vid. Those neons are no joke though.

blueZO6
12-17-2004, 11:56 PM
Whoops, sorry about that.

i'd kill it, and neons are girl cars, but other than that......nah, nevermind.LOL

goshawk23
12-18-2004, 12:15 AM
i'd love to hook my chain up to that neon and jerk it around the parking lot. granted, i'd have to catch it asleep, otherwise it would outrun me.

BadAndy
12-18-2004, 12:28 AM
I'm not sure if you've caught on yet. No one has debated the fact that you can make Neons fast. Posting videos of Neons beating other cars with the intent of proving a nonexistent point does nothing but irritate otherwise complacent people. If I wanted to pursue an equivilent counterpoint, then I would post the 6,377,283,389 video clips of LS1s beating the hell out of Neons and any other rendition of vehicle not listed on this site's marquis. But that would be equally futile and every bit as big of a waste of time.

yukz
12-18-2004, 01:32 AM
I hate 4 bangers and I hate neons even more, but nice quality vid

Debian Dog
12-18-2004, 06:26 AM
:zzz: :violin: :givesfuck finding 11 sec an neon is like finding a needle in a hay stack. TROLL ALERT TROLL ALERT TROLL ALERT TROLL ALERT

Well being they only built about 30K of them total, they just started building them in 03' and there are about 10 "known" ones running 11's. I would say that is pretty good, given most people do not like tearing into their new car right away.

]then I would post the 6,377,283,389 video clips of LS1s beating the hell out of Neons

That is kinda what makes it interesting. Duh...

So just so we are clear:

If I drop $3500 on heads, cam, 4.10 gears in my LS1 and run 11's... post that.

But, if I drop $3500 in my Skittle for new a new turbo, fuel system, etc... That is unimpressive and you have no interest whatsoever of seeing it?

Of all the car forums I visit, this is the only place I get this reaction. Sad really...

unit213
12-18-2004, 06:54 AM
Of all the car forums I visit, this is the only place I get this reaction. Sad really...
What's sad is Neon owners feelings of inadequacy and their need for acceptance.

Like I said before, keep posting the vids. But enough already trying to convince the world that Neon's are amazing cars.

SCamaroS
12-18-2004, 08:48 AM
Yeah.... I respect fast cars but Spritle said it perfect. I never gonna consider getting a 4 banger like that so why force it on me. if I wanted to watch these videos I'd join junkneons.com.

1QWIKZ
12-18-2004, 09:15 AM
Well being they only built about 30K of them total, they just started building them in 03' and there are about 10 "known" ones running 11's. I would say that is pretty good, given most people do not like tearing into their new car right away.

That is kinda what makes it interesting. Duh...

So just so we are clear:

But, if I drop $3500 in my Skittle for new a new turbo, fuel system, etc... That is unimpressive and you have no interest whatsoever of seeing it?

are you really as ignorant as you sound? what part of WE DONT GIVE A F*@K about neons dont you understand? it only takes $800-900 to get LS1s into the 11s. and in case you havent been around this website lately, you can now get H/C package for less than $2000. DIE ALREADY!!! :bang:

unit213
12-18-2004, 09:17 AM
are you really as ignorant as you sound? what part of WE DONT GIVE A F*@K about neons dont you understand? it only takes $800-900 to get LS1s into the 11s. and in case you havent been around this website lately, you can now get H/C package for less than $2000. DIE ALREADY!!! :bang:
It's not even about $$$ to me. We can go buy an old POS fox body for $5K and dump $20K into and run 8's. Big deal.

Yes, some of the Neon's move pretty damned well. We understand that. Actually liking the style of the car just isn't going to happen. IMO, they are girl cars.

maddboost
12-18-2004, 10:11 AM
IMO, they are girl cars.:jest:

1SL0M0F0
12-18-2004, 11:15 AM
okay lads, well I know Jim (the owner of the SRT4) as a friend too, he is a real good guy but aside from that point, I know the people who modded and tuned his car, the company is called RPM (Ryans Performance Machines) they do ALOT of f-body work in there shops and Jim is the only few people I know that has a SRT-4 that go there to get his work done, even the guys at RPM will tell you that his car is real strong and we more or less call it the "baby supra" and in Jim's mind I don't think he cares 2 poops on how his car looks or not, I mean if you buy a car, you buy it because you like it yourself right? not because of how everyone else thinks of it? I personally think the SRT4 is a nice looking car and for the price I doubt anyone here could buy something with as much upgradability and value to performance ratio for that price BRAND NEW. I drive an LS1 myself but I have to give the guy some props for the work he has put into the SRT4, I mean come on now, 4 doors and still the performance of an muscle car, sometimes it'll cross your mind now wouldn't it? And for the guy who said it'll take $800-900 to get into the 11s, thats a load of BS in my opinion, after $4k worth of work I am into Jim's terriotory, the fact is that his car is all bolt on externals, nothing has been touched motor internally, he literually has a turbo, intercooler and some piping, I'd hate to see how nasty that lil thing is when it does get it's H/C put in.

Bottom line is, his car is fast, nuff said, if you can't beat him you really don't have no right to talk smack about him. I don't care if his car is a damn yugo, bottom line is that it is fast. And finally the great line of "if you have nothing good to say, don't say anything at all" kind of comes into play here. Anyways not bashing but just reading this from a third person point of view, I have an LS1 too so naturally I'd be saying SRT4s suck, but coming from a fair point of view, I know I am wrong.

DarkSideSS
12-18-2004, 11:18 AM
I would destroy that Neon. That has nothing to do with it.

Sure, the power it makes is impressive for a little 4 banger. No question about that.

i wasn't talking about you. :)

Debian Dog
12-18-2004, 12:04 PM

Arrogant not ignorant. There is a difference look it up bo-bo. I also suggest you seek consultation... You look like you have some major anger issues to deal with.

For your IGNORANT $800 remark? Hah! You're gonna drop $350, MINIMUM, just for the right tires. :eyes: And thru PM's I have received a lot more positive remarks that are in this thread. So maybe YOU don't appreciate it but others do. Also there was a freaking Z06 in the vid too... right? Lighten up Francis...

Yes I know you can buy some low-end Patriot heads and some off name cam for < $2000. Gimme a break. What about fuel, wheels, suspension, etc.. Huh? We have 35 cars in our f-body club and I can assure you no one is running 11's for $800. Dork!

My TA does run 11's in case you did not notice and I am planning on running 11's this year N/A with a Ford 9" rear swap (about $2000). I know what it cost to DO THINGS RIGHT believe me.

BlackTA98 LS1
12-18-2004, 12:05 PM
GOod races, srt 4's are nothing to mess around with . Some of you guys sound like highschool kids trying to figure out if a car is " cool" or not.

Debian Dog
12-18-2004, 12:09 PM
GOod races, srt 4's are nothing to mess around with . Some of you guys sound like highschool kids trying to figure out if a car is " cool" or not.

:werd: :razz:

GregWS6&z28
12-18-2004, 12:11 PM
why do so many guys have sticks up their asses??? I mean, a fast car is a fast car period, give them respect where respect is due.

2000 SILVERADO
12-18-2004, 12:21 PM
why do so many guys have sticks up their asses??? I mean, a fast car is a fast car period, give them respect where respect is due.

I think their respect is back at the neon forums and not here. Besides, he only posts these here to piss people off.

BadAndy
12-18-2004, 12:23 PM
Lighten up Francis...

YOU JUST MADE THE LIST!!

$300 for tires, $500 for the nitrous kit. That's ~$800, dork.

04BlackSRT-4
12-18-2004, 12:24 PM
Hey guys, that's my car in the video. FWIW I don't really care what anyone else thinks about the car. There's a reason for that, it's my car. I didnt build it for anyone else.

I know a Neon is not everyones cup of tea (hell it's not my number one choice but I get it virtually free) and for the record, I didnt know this was going to get posted here.

As for the haters... you may not like the car, you may think it's a girls car, but you better be making some nice power or you will be getting beat by it. Plain and simple.

For the rest of the people, I appreciate the comments. I think the real "car enthusiasts" are pretty easy to pick out of this thread.

Take it easy! :)

BadAndy
12-18-2004, 12:26 PM
So just so we are clear:

On LS1tech. Yes. Brilliant.

Post it on the skittle board, dopey.

2000 SILVERADO
12-18-2004, 12:40 PM
As for the haters... you may not like the car, you may think it's a girls car, but you better be making some nice power or you will be getting beat by it. Plain and simple.

Just wondering, what mods do you have on your car?

Debian Dog
12-18-2004, 12:46 PM
On LS1tech. Yes. Brilliant.
Post it on the skittle board, dopey.

I liked you better when you were a newbie and did not know jack all about LS1's... I remember when you joined... Asking simple questions in the beginners forum. When was that? OH YEAH. Last Year... Maybe when you mature a bit more you will grow to see that ANY fast car can be interesting.

Also with tires and N2O (125 shot) I was unable to put my car into the 11's. Lots of 12.1-12.2 passes. So that is not a "give me"

Edit: Perhaps LS1Tech should do what the Skittle board does. Have an LS1 ONLY video section and another video section for "Other". That way you would never have to bare to watch an LS1 lose to another car.

Poor you... The crappy Neon runs faster than your car in the 1/4. "I don't want to see, I don't want to see" :cry:

BadAndy
12-18-2004, 01:14 PM
I liked you better when you were a newbie and did not know jack all about LS1's... I remember when you joined... Asking simple questions in the beginners forum. When was that? OH YEAH. Last Year... Maybe when you mature a bit more you will grow to see that ANY fast car can be interesting.

Everyone has to learn, dipshit. I am mature enough to know which board is for what. Neons can be fast. Thanks for the heads up. I had no idea :eyes: ......

Also with tires and N2O (125 shot) I was unable to put my car into the 11's. Lots of 12.1-12.2 passes. So that is not a "give me" You were right about the arrogant part. You are the exception, not the rule.

04BlackSRT-4
12-18-2004, 01:15 PM
Debian is right, most model specific boards have two video sections. One for videos pertaining to the model the forum is dedicated to and another for all other videos.

Just something to think about.

As for my mods, theyre listed at the end of the video. Basicaly:

Bigger turbo
Bigger fuel system (750cc injectors, walbro 255lph, return line)
Bigger Intercooler
Intake
Exhaust
E-manage & E-01 (fuel computer and boost controller)

Still totally unopened motor. Stock heads/cams/bottom end.

BadAndy
12-18-2004, 01:18 PM
Iw ould think the bottom end would be fine for a while, but the valvetrain might start holding it back shortly. What turbo did you use?

Vendetta
12-18-2004, 01:23 PM
Don't you guys ever get tired over arguing this?

Debian Dog, what you do every week with these SRT-4 vids is like sitting and poking a dead bird carcass over and over for a whole day. Are you really that entertained by it?

GM Muscle
12-18-2004, 01:24 PM
WTF is with all the peon neon posts over the past couple of weeks? You have a fast T/A and and you can easily have a neon that's just as fast, so that's great. If you build an 11 second neon as a daily driver I think alot of people here will respect that but don't expect them to jump up and down and flip out over it. I don't think that there is a doubt that these cars are great bang for the buck cars but these threads just bring out the haters and there is no fucking point to them. It almost seems your trying to push them on to people to convince them to like them. That's not going to happen the hating will only get worse.

Now if you get vids of your own neon running 11s people might take some more intrest and you might get some more respect. Hell, it would be like me being a member of SRT forum and posting vids of Parish's truck running a 10, then telling them they better watch out for the ugly Silverado pickups because they can be fast and I have one just like it but it's still stock.

Debian Dog
12-18-2004, 01:54 PM
Debian Dog, what you do every week with these SRT-4 vids is like sitting and poking a dead bird carcass over and over for a whole day. Are you really that entertained by it?

Every week? I have been here like 3 years... Well maybe the last 3 weeks I have posted a few... :)

No i just post the vids and things I find interesting. It just happens the "Neons" are in there "hay day" right now because people are starting to figure them out and are over the "It's new I am not going to mod it phase". The Stage 3 just came out from Dodge (http://www.mopar.com/srt_stage_3.htm) and 2 other 3rd parties just came out with kits to push your "Neon" over 400HP. Hell if anything I am pissed at GM! What do they offer? The hotcam? LOL...

I will make you a deal... no Skittle/Neon/SRT-4 posts for a few months. How's that?

Are you really that entertained by it?

Kind of... then again I am entertained watching a K-Car whip up on a Surpa too (http://thedodgegarage.com/video/ned_supra_mpg.zip) Is that a bad thing?

Debian Dog
12-18-2004, 02:00 PM
Hell, it would be like me being a member of SRT forum and posting vids of Parish's truck running a 10, then telling them they better watch out for the ugly Silverado pickups because they can be fast and I have one just like it but it's still stock.

Actually... I posted it over there. Nothing BUT respect. Imagine?

Also if I hear a Silverado spool... I can remember to keep my $$$ in my pocket. Cuz you just don't know.

04BlackSRT-4
12-18-2004, 02:35 PM
Iw ould think the bottom end would be fine for a while, but the valvetrain might start holding it back shortly. What turbo did you use?

Heads/cams are probably my next mod. Along with some meth injection. The stock redline is only 6200 rpms. It doesnt make sense to rev much higher than that anyway on the stock cams.

The turbo is a regular old t3/t04 50 trim. It's a pretty good street turbo. 20psi by 3500rpms.

I can totally understand people not caring too much about this video, that's why I only posted it on SRTforums.

unit213
12-18-2004, 04:26 PM
Heads/cams are probably my next mod. Along with some meth injection. The stock redline is only 6200 rpms. It doesnt make sense to rev much higher than that anyway on the stock cams.

The turbo is a regular old t3/t04 50 trim. It's a pretty good street turbo. 20psi by 3500rpms.

I can totally understand people not caring too much about this video, that's why I only posted it on SRTforums.
Debian - Take note on how everyone is cool with 04BlackSRT-4 and not you. It's not the car brotha...it's the attitude.

11.60's in the 120's is very respectable. No doubt about that. That car is just not for me. I don't see the harm in that...and I don't need someone trying to force it on me. You remind me of a Jehova's witness...banging on your door at 6am on a Sunday. That type of persistence is very annoying.

BTW...your recent vids kick ass. Just knock off the stupid ass Neon shit. :nono:

Camaro Junkie
12-18-2004, 04:26 PM
[QUOTE=Debian Dog]Well... not really. The PSI car has been pushing over 450 HP for over 30K no problems and yes you have to put a real clutch in it when you add that much HP. Things really do not start breaking till the +600 HP range. As proven twice by this guy Steve (not the one in the vid) He has popped two motors both of them while running 40+ lbs of boost.

Like I told you guys before it is only about $3600 to run 11's in an SRT-4 and still maintain dependability. (http://www.psifimotorsports.com/turbokit.htm)

BYE! :wavey:[/QUOT

Im sure of that. Im Talking About a bone Stock NEON. MY Point is only this.

If I Have to choose a car (A Stock Car That is) that a want to run a make a 11 sec. or even a 10 sec. car. A neon would be my last choice. Look at its Problems its had in the past. Thats all. Just My Opion

unit213
12-18-2004, 04:28 PM
Also with tires and N2O (125 shot) I was unable to put my car into the 11's. Lots of 12.1-12.2 passes. So that is not a "give me"

I went a best of 11.59 @ 121mph with only a lid, catack, and a 150shot in my LS1 on the stock converter and Kumho Ecsta 712's. It's possible.

Where's 5.8Litre to call :bs: on me? :jest: :gay:

redrocketls1
12-18-2004, 04:35 PM
I went a best of 11.59 @ 121mph with only a lid, catack, and a 150shot in my LS1 on the stock converter and Kumho Ecsta 712's. It's possible.

Where's 5.8Litre to call :bs: on me? :jest: :gay:

i went 11.63 at 122.8 on stock converter, rear, motor, manifolds and stock catted y pipe with just catback lid and 150 shot... and 245 tires.. whoever is going to call bs on you can call it on me as well! u damn right its possible.. that was on a 2.29 60ft... and my only 1/4 mile run.. on nittos at the local 1/8th mile i was consistently hitting 1.85's spraying about 30ft out! so i could have run low 11's and since ive added headers and stall think i can run high 10's with et streets... rock on man! :chug:

Debian Dog
12-18-2004, 04:39 PM
Debian - Take note on how everyone is cool with 04BlackSRT-4 and not you. It's not the car brotha...it's the attitude.

He cool NOW because you guys dogged the crap out of him months ago. :(

Whatever....

redrocketls1
12-18-2004, 04:45 PM
He cool NOW because you guys dogged the crap out of him months ago. :(

Whatever....

hmm wonder what the srt4 board would do to me if i went over tehre posting vids of my car killing neons and saying how much better my car was b/c i got in the 11's for under 2k + 19k car vs there 23k car + 36k... how would they like that?? id get my ass flamed off for that! :eyes:

1QWIKZ
12-18-2004, 05:24 PM

11.60's in the 120's is very respectable. No doubt about that. That car is just not for me. I don't see the harm in that...and I don't need someone trying to force it on me. You remind me of a Jehova's witness...banging on your door at 6am on a Sunday. That type of persistence is very annoying.

BTW...your recent vids kick ass. Just knock off the stupid ass Neon shit. :nono:
:werd: i am hating on debian dumbass rather than the the peon. and it is possible to get an ls1 into the 11s with $800-900, but obviously you went about it the wrong way...starting with that ricer nitrous system you have :eyes:and i meant ignorant..as in you're a dipshit.

redrocketls1
12-18-2004, 05:47 PM
this thread is :supergay: and you have been :owned:

72chevy2
12-18-2004, 06:16 PM
come to raleigh and i'll get ya'll to meet up

04BlackSRT-4
12-18-2004, 07:28 PM
where do u live at??? if its anywhere within 4-5 hrs i will drive there an run u from whatever roll u like.. welcome to listen to my stock motor and check out my stock rearend and auto trans as well... 400$ 3000 stall, intake lid, 250$ used headers, cutout, and 650$ nitrous kit and i will give u the break! 500$ says u cant beat my near 10 second ls1 and prolly is now at the track or on the street.. btw she trapped 123mph before the headers and such.. thanks.

ps- if ur not planning on running someone from this board, then please just leave this board!

WTF is your problem? Someone posted a video of mine (which I did not ask him to) then someone asked about my mods, which I responded to... and you reply with that bullshit?

I'm in Raleigh NC. Come get some.

04BlackSRT-4
12-18-2004, 07:32 PM
u talking to me.. my dyno tuner when i get one will be in raliegh.. this is a possibitlity.. but by that time he will want to park this thing somewhere 100 miles away

Okay, so youre going to play the "I am going to call you out but you have to wait until I have this and that, yadda yadda" game?

You called me out. I am accepting. Greenville SC is about 5 hours away. Come get some. I will have $500 waiting for you on a 60 roll. How about tomorrow night?

BTW, it was not my intention to come on here and talk shit. I have a lot of respect for LS1's and a lot of my friends drive them. That's why I'm here.

So what do you say, redrocket? 60 roll for $500. That's what you want, right?

K9 Pusher
12-18-2004, 08:06 PM
redrocketls1, you are talking some big shit on here. What are you going to do when you drive 5 hours, get your ass handed to you, on video I'm sure, and then have to drive back home 5 hours with your tail between your legs. On a positive note for debiandog, this will be another Neon beating LS1 video you can post up!

TSDuke
12-18-2004, 08:32 PM
redrocketls1, you are talking some big shit on here. What are you going to do when you drive 5 hours, get your ass handed to you, on video I'm sure, and then have to drive back home 5 hours with your tail between your legs. On a positive note for debiandog, this will be another Neon beating LS1 video you can post up!

I'm with K9 on this one. Be careful what you wish for. Might want to take the street racing details to PMs. Hell, why don't you boys meet up at the Fayetteville Motorsports Park tomorrow. It's open from 1pm - 5pm. Run what ya brung!!

K9 Pusher
12-18-2004, 08:40 PM
Yeah, FMP would be cool, I'm sure Ray the announcer would love that. He has seemed to have a hard on for sport compacts whooping up on the big boys lately.

04BlackSRT-4
12-18-2004, 08:47 PM
Redrocket, if you want to talk anymore shit come on over to www.horsepowerjunkies.com

It's a site for all kind of car enthusiats in NC/SC (though mainly domestic) and we even have our very own "Shit Talking" section. Come over, regsiter and call me out there. I dont have the desire to ghey this thread up anymore responding to your bullshit.

Hope to see you over there....

1QWIKZ
12-18-2004, 08:54 PM
i give you props on your machine jim..aka dan :jest: , but dicks like debian dildo give neon owners a bad name. nice kill BTW.

04BlackSRT-4
12-18-2004, 08:57 PM
i give you props on your machine Dan, but dicks like debian dildo give neon owners a bad name. nice kill BTW.

Not sure if you're talking to me, but my name is Jim. :judge: :)

My bad if you're talking to someone else.

And if you are, thanks.

1QWIKZ
12-18-2004, 08:59 PM
Not sure if you're talking to me, but my name is Jim. :judge: :)

My bad if you're talking to someone else.
shit...my bad :jest: Jim i mean, lol. good kill dude.

04BlackSRT-4
12-18-2004, 09:01 PM
shit...my bad :jest: Jim i mean, lol. good kill dude.

ahaha it's all good. :drive:

redrocketls1
12-19-2004, 02:03 AM
im just saying?? ya'll come on here trying to shove down my throat that a neon with the same amount of money you've invested will outrun my ls1 on ls1tech??!?!?!?!!? like i really want to log on in here to read about a damn neon.. i will post a pm to debian dog or whoever knows you when im up just north of raliegh to get my tune... u can pay for it if u like and we'll call it even.. but u are right.. should take it to pm... im done here...
secondly... to the fbods who posted in his favor??? yes it is a fast car... yes it is quick for what it has, but is it a ls1? NO, nuff said, this is ls1tech!

u know what i almost bought one of these cars for my girl and still might, thats the funny thing!

redrocketls1
12-19-2004, 02:10 AM
and finally i deleted the messages that seemed to offend.. a neon isn't worth me getting banned off "LS1.....Tech" hell for all i know i may have stepped outta line, and he may be a cool guy like one of you said he was.

Hot02SS
12-19-2004, 02:12 AM
Lets see neon or ZO6, hummm thats a hard choice. I would take a ZO6 over a neon any day of the week, no matter how fast the neon may be.....

redrocketls1
12-19-2004, 02:20 AM
well like i said in the other thread where a guy posted about a race b/t his 02z28 and a 04srt4 which he won... an srt4 guy who was not involved came on and flamed him for his post.. this is what my dad told me when i was 17 and still uneducated on cars but wanted something fast.. was lookin at camaros, mustangs, but was also considering a lot of imports.. "no not civics lol" but he had this to say at the time!

WORDS OF WISDOM LISTEN UP--- "son, u can take a piss-ant and pump the piss-ant full of all the steriods you want and run a race horse all day long with it... but in the end all your ever left with is a fast piss-ant!"

GM Muscle
12-19-2004, 06:41 AM
im just saying?? ya'll come on here trying to shove down my throat that a neon with the same amount of money you've invested will outrun my ls1 on ls1tech??!?!?!?!!? like i really want to log on in here to read about a damn neon.. i will post a pm to debian dog or whoever knows you when im up just north of raliegh to get my tune... u can pay for it if u like and we'll call it even.. but u are right.. should take it to pm... im done here...
secondly... to the fbods who posted in his favor??? yes it is a fast car... yes it is quick for what it has, but is it a ls1? NO, nuff said, this is ls1tech!

u know what i almost bought one of these cars for my girl and still might, thats the funny thing!

Holy shit dude, I don't even know where to start. This is LS1Tech but many of us are intrested in other cars that are quick. And hell, it's not like he is posting about his neon in our tech sections. I personaly never really cared for the neons but I think 04BlackSRT-4s car is pretty cool and he's got my respect. It goes good, has alot more potential, and it doesn't look all that fast. And he's not over here trying to convince us his to like his SRT4. So just say what you have to say about the car, move the fuck on, and shut the fuck up.

tump
12-19-2004, 09:48 AM
I Have Never Seen a Stock LS1 with only nitrous and tires run 11s ,I wish it was that easy. It would have to be the pass of a lifetime and a way to tow the thing home when it granades its self. Off the top of my head I can think of several parts that should break , Rear,driveshaft,clutch... The past 5 trips to the track I have needed help getting my car home, And my car has had every Performance part replaced "atleast once" allready.... I think you touched a nerve Dan.

LT1TA
12-19-2004, 10:28 AM

lol @ unit

David Gordon
12-19-2004, 10:39 AM
no one is saying to go out and buy a neon.. give the guy some respect he has a fast car

1SL0M0F0
12-19-2004, 10:53 AM
I am with Jim here, if you want some action, I'll be there with a camera too, I am a owner of a well modded 99 SS but I know one thing, if I can't back my shit up, then I'll shut up! Jim is a stand up guy and I give him mad props for him and his car, both of us have our vehicles modified at the same place and when I say I think you're talking a bunch of crap I mean it too, a "near" 10 sec bolt on right? I'd really like to see the NAAAAWWWZZZ in action as I have the juice too, here infact I think I've found a video of you..... http://www.undergroundracing.com/video/CL_vs_94Z28.asf

yellowc51
12-19-2004, 12:02 PM
Wow sad to see so much animosity towards a person that enjoys racing and running good times. Pretty sad to see some of the responses, even more so that we have so much arrogance towards someone becuase of the model of car they drive. I'd like to see the poeple with "neons suck" posting thier timeslips. His SRT would have killed my stock c5, it may not be an ls1 but I certainly can respect the times, I see no reason to put him down.

GM Muscle
12-19-2004, 02:07 PM
Yea, especially when we have a member of about 2 months pretty much telling him he has no right to be here. It's hard to be cocky when you've only been here two months and you have a car that theoreticly runs low 11s or high 10s even though it has only gone 11.60. That would be like me telling people my car is a low 10, or high 9 second car just because I have all the parts in my basement to do it. Not exactly the way to get any respect around here in my opinion.

I'm calling out anyone in New England that has a low 10 second car. Come spring, I'm going to kick your ass. Bring it! :jest:

redrocketls1
12-19-2004, 02:22 PM
rice lovers....... tisk tisk

GM Muscle
12-19-2004, 02:27 PM
Last I knew it was a domestic.

LS1_PNYTAMR
12-19-2004, 03:01 PM
ya'll are being harsh on a fellow fbod owner, read the other sections of the board where the srt4 guys jump all over us ls1 owners on here, for example the thread in street kills section about a z28 and srt4. i say let it go already guys!

SLowETz
12-19-2004, 03:07 PM
04BlackSRT-4... Not a big Neon fan, but.... nice work. Good luck in your future endevours....

redrocketls1.... how old are you, and are you the boy in the vid cryin' about his bad clutch.... bad spark plug... and heavy T-tops?

This thread was a waste of bandwidth.....

LS1_PNYTAMR
12-19-2004, 03:14 PM
well as long as ya'll keep posting the thread will probably continue to be a waste of bandwidth. just my .02

SeeinRed
12-19-2004, 03:56 PM
Jesus, redrocket, you're out of line.

Not that I think the point hasn't been made clear, but I'll reinforce it. I don't know how you're attitude about "only ls1s exist on this planet..." makes you feel, but it damn sure bothers me. I also know Jim personally, and he's definitely a stand-up guy. He's not playing around about the bet, either. And I would watch your mouth about what you're stepping into if you want to play it like that.

Additionally, Jim's car is not an ls1, congratulations. Indeed, it IS a neon. A cookie for this man. The point is that it's a quick car, and in person it's gorgeous, I might add. But if you don't appreciate it, I'm sorry. I'm not telling you you have to, that's not my place. I'm just pointing out the obvious; people are respecting the car for what it is, a fast, FWD, 4 door - as opposed to our rather muscle-oriented Trans Ams and Camaros, this car wasn't necesarrily designed to run 11s all day long. Now, it does. You should appreciate at least that small detail.

Mike

1SL0M0F0
12-19-2004, 04:31 PM
rice lovers....... tisk tisk

rice lovers? stop talking about yourself like that man, I mean $800-900 and into the 11s, you're the one who said it and not us, you seem to be the ricer here, as a LS1 owner I am personally disgusted about the crap you have said about Jim, just for a quick refresh in memory over here....

LS1s isn't really touched by jesus, it's just a damn joke

Jim is a good man and I am stand up of my bet about you too, just come down and "collect" the money if you think it's soo easy with your $800-900 11sec mods, hell Jim is first to call you out, so he can drag you like a $2 hoe, then if you still got cash to play I am here to drag you like a worthless spent in-house rice that you are, and third I voulenteer Mike (SeeinRed)to drag you the 3rd time. I've got a feeling that you wouldn't turn up and I am not surprised....anyways as Jim posted up, this is where you can talk all the smack you want to him and this is no rice site either, half of the members on the board will eat you up.

The site will be:
www.horsepowerjunkies.com

The Track:
www.fayettevillemotorsportpark.com

Local fayetteville boards just incase you want more if you're in town....
www.performancehideout.com

Hope you got deep pockets..

George

LS1_PNYTAMR
12-19-2004, 04:46 PM
hmm cant let it go? Damn i might have to go register myself.. also i think redrocket is having trouble with his username on here, either that or he was banned.

K9 Pusher
12-19-2004, 05:06 PM
ZMC_Racing-
I don't think it is about not letting it go. He called out the SRT-4 so we're just trying to help him fulfill his call out and in the process move it to another board so as to not pollute LS1tech with anymore of this bullshit. It's not as though Jim came on here and posted up his video and started talking shit about LS1's. I don't see what the big deal is, people post up video's on here all the time of all types of cars and there is never this much drama over it. If he's having problems logging on LS1tech then he is more than welcome to come over to HPjunkies and set it up over there, let him know when you talk to him again.

LS1_PNYTAMR
12-19-2004, 05:12 PM
i will let him know... but hell im not in this so ill stay out of it.

StreetnStrip
12-19-2004, 05:17 PM
I dont care what anyones say neons are still a waste of money I mean why would pay that much money for a 4 door car. neon=ricer poop

LS1_PNYTAMR
12-19-2004, 05:24 PM
mmkay this is redrocket--------

i can log in now just cant post in here and all my sigs and stuff are gone as well, dunno if its just my computer, but it seems to be this guys too! now all i said was that i would run him when im up in raliegh? is that a problem.. he may be a nice guy, sorry for the steryotype, its just in the other section there was a neon kid in there talkin all kinds of smack.. to be honest i got him confused, with you black04srt... so now u understand that it is nothing personal as i dont know you personally, i will register at hpjunkies as soon as they send me my activation email thing okay??? then we can discuss the rest off of here so i dont get this sn screwed up too lol.. further more about 5 or 6 others have siad " ill eat that neon" or neons suck. or like in the post just above me ur neon=ricer poop??? i was just the only one so far that said i was willing to give u a run in 2 months when i get a dyno tune up there cause hell it'd be on my way! havn't heard any of them say any of this??? so hell atleast respect the fact that i was the only one who said negative things about neons and was willing to run one okay? also apologize for the personal attack like i said if u go in street racng and kill stories u can see where the z28vs04srt4 thread got outta hand.. my fualt for getting the two of ya'll confused.... are you cool with all this now?? anyways see ya lata on the other site.

1QWIKZ
12-19-2004, 06:00 PM
:sucks:

LS1 Sounds
12-19-2004, 09:55 PM
redrocketls1, what is it that you want then, videos of a bunch of F-bodies racing other F-bodies? That won't be boring will it? Oh wait, we could always throw in a 'Vette or GTO to spice things up on occasion. This forum would SUCK if that were the case. If you don't like the videos posted, don't watch them.

Debian Dog, I don't think it is your intention to try to piss people off around here but you sure are good at it. Jim seems cool and seems to have the respect of a lot of people on this board. How do you manage to piss people off so successfully?

To all: I've told people to keep this shit civil in the past, I'm getting tired of repeating myself.