Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Injector Issues??

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2004, 09:41 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Injector Issues??

I started up the car again last night, everything sounded normal. I was playing around the headers while the car was idling and noticed my #2 primary was not even hot while the rest of the cylinders where certainly firing. Well I instantly checked for spark on the #2 and turned out I had spark. Back to feeling the #2 primary, it was luke warm, I could grasp my hand around it while the car was idling and it didnt burn.

So I pull the fuel rails and turns out the bottom of the injector, you know the little plastice piece that helps hold on the O ring and plastic washer is GONE
So WTH!!
Only other thing I can think of is maybee it lodged in between the piston and the ground strap on the plug and crunched the ground strap.

Havent checked the actual spark plug yet.

Could this little plastic peice harm my internals and why would this piece break off , would the injector work w/out it????
I have #30 ACCELL injectors that are only about 1 year old.
Please help
Old 12-17-2004, 09:42 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Its the little blue piece at the bottom of the injector that you see in the pic below. I wonder how important this part is and if it will do any harm to the cylinder. OR if it even made it past the intake valve???