Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SAMCO Silicone Hose Kits for LS1 F/B, T/A, Camaro, Vette Still Available Here

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2004, 04:17 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thumbs up SAMCO Silicone Hose Kits for LS1 F/B, T/A, Camaro, Vette Still Available Here

I have been looking for a vendor that sells a Silicone Hose Kit for my LS1 F-Bod for quite some time now. There are currently no U.S. companies that market a kit for our cars out of the MANY silicone hose mfg. I contacted (they would make one however, for a $2000 tooling charge!).

I finally got in touch with Samco in the UK and they DO still mfg. a kit for the LS1 Firebird/TransAm/Camaro and another for the Corvette.

The U.S. dealer for Samco is as follows:

Forge Motorsport
6536 Pinecastle Blvd.
Suite C
Orlando, FL. 32809

Contact Mike Lombardi
US Sales & Marketing Director
PH: 407-447-5363
Fax: 407-447-5361
email: Mike@Forgemotorsport.com
Forgemotorsport.com

The F-Body kit is P/N TCS158/C and is available in std. colors of Blue, Black, or Red (other colors are available custom, allthough payment is req'd in advance for custom colors) Std. colors will not be billed to your card until shipped. Since these hoses are not stocked by Samco, the wait is 4-6 weeks (which I understand is half the time it used to take).

Kit cost is $146.92 + $10 shipping and includes either 4 or 5 hoses:

Upper Rad Hose
Lower Rad Hose
Rad Overflow Hose
Rad to TB Coolant Hose

I don't have any info on the vette kit but a simple call & Mike would let you know all the info.

As you know, silicone hoses will outlast the car and are a great accent for that 'show engine'!

Just thought I'd pass this info along to fellow members - I don't think this is breaking any forum rules as there are no sponsors (or anyone else but Forge for that matter) that carry these hoses in either kit form or custom.

Happy Holidays
-Jay-

Last edited by 1QUIKWS6; 12-17-2004 at 04:53 PM.
Old 12-17-2004, 04:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's not a bad price. I ordered some back in July, I don't remember through who though, and they were over $200... After 6 weeks and no target date on completion, I cancelled the order because I had to get the car on the road.

(they are hand-made, to order...)
Old 12-17-2004, 04:43 PM
TECH Addict

You might have ordered them from Lingenfelter as they used to carry them. They don't any more due to the extended waiting period. Apparently it was a 12 week wait before; but Forge states that they have improved and are down to 4-6 weeks.

I talked with Lingenfelter 1st but they had none left in stock and aren't going to order any more. They do currently have the last (4) sets for the LT1 available on sale right now in Blue & Black for those of you with LT1's.

I just talked with Lingenfelter again today...
Old 12-17-2004, 08:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Just found an old email, it was from a place called sporthoses. They would have looked nice, but they sure are expensive. From there anyway...
Old 12-18-2004, 09:39 AM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Any pics of this... might be a nice addition to the engine bay for car shows ect...
Old 12-18-2004, 10:59 AM
TECH Addict

I called SportHoses & they stated they had nothing available?

Sorry, Mike didn't have any pics as Samco does not stock any of their hoses - they make them upon order I just ordered mine couple days ago so I guess in 4-6 weeks I'll be able to post pics of mine

Mike also stated that as long as I didn't cut any of the hoses, if they were incorrect, or I didn't like them - I could return them for a full refund (I was a little leery about ordering something I couldn't see 1st also).

It is the same kit that Lingenfelter used to carry & I have seen pics of the kit from their site - even if it was a year ago.

BTW, Lingenfelter does still have (4) of the last sets left for the LT1 cars in Blue & Black - on sale - for those LT1 guys that are interested.
Old 12-18-2004, 02:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 1QUIKWS6
I called SportHoses & they stated they had nothing available?
I was thinking there was a picture there, but there's not... This is the general info from their website:

Standard Hose Max Temperature: ~ 170°C (338°F)
Size Tolerance: ± 0.5mm
Finish: High Gloss

We stock Blue, Black, and Red Auto Kits. Please allow up to 6-8 weeks for the delivery of other colors, as these are specially ordered from the manufacturer.

Part Number TCS158/C
Auto Make Chevrolet
Auto Model Camaro/Firebird LS1 1998
Kit Type Coolant
Hoses 4

Still too high through them though...
Old 12-19-2004, 04:23 PM
TECH Addict

John_D-
I checked them out & found the listing - wonder why the sales tech had no idea they carried them when I called? Good thing though as Forge still has the lowest price
Old 08-17-2008, 11:23 AM
TECH Resident

Default still business on?

Wonder,do that store still selling
SAMCO SILICONE RADIATOR COOLANT HOSE ?
If so, I would like to buy one 90* elbows,1-3/4"hose size. Red or blue color.
Please let me know. PM me
Thanks

Originally Posted by 1QUIKWS6
I have been looking for a vendor that sells a Silicone Hose Kit for my LS1 F-Bod for quite some time now. There are currently no U.S. companies that market a kit for our cars out of the MANY silicone hose mfg. I contacted (they would make one however, for a $2000 tooling charge!).

I finally got in touch with Samco in the UK and they DO still mfg. a kit for the LS1 Firebird/TransAm/Camaro and another for the Corvette.

The U.S. dealer for Samco is as follows:

Forge Motorsport
6536 Pinecastle Blvd.
Suite C
Orlando, FL. 32809

Contact Mike Lombardi
US Sales & Marketing Director
PH: 407-447-5363
Fax: 407-447-5361
email: Mike@Forgemotorsport.com
Forgemotorsport.com

The F-Body kit is P/N TCS158/C and is available in std. colors of Blue, Black, or Red (other colors are available custom, allthough payment is req'd in advance for custom colors) Std. colors will not be billed to your card until shipped. Since these hoses are not stocked by Samco, the wait is 4-6 weeks (which I understand is half the time it used to take).

Kit cost is $146.92 + $10 shipping and includes either 4 or 5 hoses:

Upper Rad Hose
Lower Rad Hose
Rad Overflow Hose
Rad to TB Coolant Hose

I don't have any info on the vette kit but a simple call & Mike would let you know all the info.

As you know, silicone hoses will outlast the car and are a great accent for that 'show engine'!

Just thought I'd pass this info along to fellow members - I don't think this is breaking any forum rules as there are no sponsors (or anyone else but Forge for that matter) that carry these hoses in either kit form or custom.

Happy Holidays
-Jay-
Old 08-17-2008, 04:52 PM
TECH Resident

Never mind that question....I must be half- sleepy..LOLLLLL
Old 08-18-2008, 02:05 AM
TECH Junkie

Here's a picture of the kit guys...

Old 08-18-2008, 05:59 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

it would look great in black. i need to replace my hoses soon. so on the SS's with the powersteering cooler, we would just cut the hose to fit the cooler in between? does anybody know if the cooler is really needed? doesn't look like it does much...
Old 08-18-2008, 12:45 PM
TECH Junkie

yea you would just need to cut the hose for it....

is it needed...? no... but if you do any canyon carving, I suggest you leave it in there...
Old 08-18-2008, 02:48 PM
TECH Resident

Received 54 Likes on 46 Posts

just called forge they are NO longer a dealer for them, do anybody know who is?
Old 08-19-2008, 01:24 AM
LS1Tech Editor

I picked my set up about 6 months ago from this guy out in SoCal, I'll see if I can dig up the info. The kits are made for the EGR 99 and older cars but all you have to do is cut the upper hose into two pieces and it works for the LS6-manifold cars.

Quick Reply: SAMCO Silicone Hose Kits for LS1 F/B, T/A, Camaro, Vette Still Available Here