Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

edit problems

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2004, 10:02 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default edit problems

I can't open the file I read off my truck. Edit says that this is a pcm that I didn't liscense. I never had a problem until I got this new laptop and loaded a newer version of edit. Could it be that the last guy that tuned this thing locked the pcm (I never tried reading the file after he tuned it)?
Old 12-18-2004, 11:40 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Check your mail.
Old 12-19-2004, 08:03 AM
TECH Addict

the reason it says that is becuase where ever you recieved your files from only had a certain year of car he was aloud to look at or program, yours is different also so you can only look at the one he had, you need to find someone with the correct program so you can read yours, you should still be able to flash your vehicle though, but you just wont be able to edit your calibration.. the pcm is not locked.. what year truck do you have, maybe i will send you a suprise, or ill just make a FREE program for you and you can just upload it into your pcm and get you going, jes
Old 12-19-2004, 08:32 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by wait4me
the reason it says that is becuase where ever you recieved your files from only had a certain year of car he was aloud to look at or program, yours is different also so you can only look at the one he had, you need to find someone with the correct program so you can read yours, you should still be able to flash your vehicle though, but you just wont be able to edit your calibration.. the pcm is not locked.. what year truck do you have, maybe i will send you a suprise, or ill just make a FREE program for you and you can just upload it into your pcm and get you going, jes
2002 truck
Old 12-19-2004, 10:15 AM
TECH Addict

email me at jessebubb@yahoo.com so i can get your email i have your file.
Old 12-21-2004, 08:46 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been having similar problems with edit on my 2002 t/a m6. I can use my version 1.2 but can't change my gear ratio. I keep trying to update to 1.3 even 1.4 but when i do i can't open my own files. It tells me i may have a tuner on it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.... Thanks
Adam