LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

Why do sponsors not answer PMs?

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2004, 06:42 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Why do sponsors not answer PMs?

:rant mode on:

I just don't get it. It pisses me off to no end when I PM or email a sponsor on here asking questions about their sales and products that they pay to advertise on here, and the PM gets read and never responded to, yet they are constantly online, browsing and continuing to post more sales and specials. Do they not really understand that there are over 100 sponsors listed on the right, and that some of them will answer PMs and emails? I am just jealous I guess, I wish I could ignore both repeat and potential customers, hang out online all day, and still draw a paycheck.

:rant mode off:

Shawn
Old 12-20-2004, 02:27 PM
Deranged Rat Fink

Another question might be is why do sponsors not answer threads about answering PMs?
Old 12-20-2004, 05:12 PM
TECH Junkie

I was thinking the same thing.

Shawn
Old 12-20-2004, 05:24 PM
R.I.P. November 11, 2007

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SPANKY LS1
I was thinking the same thing.

Shawn
Hello, I can best be reached by my email address rex@americansportscar.com I have about 20 employees who depend on our company's success and have been in business since 1979 so We mean business. See Ya Rex
Old 12-20-2004, 06:15 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Don't say "sponsors" as a generalization. I answer all e-mails and pm's withing 24 hours.
Old 12-20-2004, 07:44 PM
LS1TECH & Trucks Sponsor

Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts

Some of you guys might not realize what the sponsors do all day. It's not a matter of sitting around browsing the internet for them. Not only do they field a ton of calls from all of us, but they are also busy trying new products for you, R&D'ing new stuff to make your aftermarket better and more affordable, hassling with UPS and other carriers to try to fix their screw ups so you don't have to wait on your parts, etc. Alot of the time, your best bet is to simply call straight into any of the sponsors, and talk to them "live". Not only will this get you ALL of your answers in one call as apposed to several PM's, but you get a better idea of who you're dealing with, and what they're all about.

Sorry to preach. I used to work for one of this site's great sponsors, and I now have seen it from outside and in and understand it a little more.

Happy Holidays!
Old 12-21-2004, 04:29 AM
Deranged Rat Fink

To a point that's true but you can't always get a hold of someone on the phone either. I think the point of the thread is if you have time to post on LS1tech , why can't you answer your PMs. I know the sponsors are busy but just don't forget the people who are the reason you're busy, the patrons!
Old 12-21-2004, 07:19 AM
12 Second Club

Texas Speed has always answered my questions therefore they will get my business. I have had problem with other sponsors not responding, so I don't give them my business. Very simple really.

Tom
Old 12-25-2004, 12:03 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

Lets face it, some people ask dumb questions or really bug our sponsors with 100s of questions, with no intentions of purchasing anything from them. Hell, being an owner of this site I get my share of silly questions that could otherwise be posted on the forum or found using the search button.

Not all of our sponsors are active on the site or the internet. Pick up the phone and dial them up, that typically works better.
Old 12-25-2004, 08:37 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
Lets face it, some people ask dumb questions or really bug our sponsors with 100s of questions, with no intentions of purchasing anything from them. Hell, being an owner of this site I get my share of silly questions that could otherwise be posted on the forum or found using the search button.

Not all of our sponsors are active on the site or the internet. Pick up the phone and dial them up, that typically works better.
Exactly. Couldn't have said it better myself.
Old 12-25-2004, 10:03 AM
TECH Resident

SpankyLS1- we just responed to a PM you sent to us awhile back, I was out of the country for a few weeks and I do most of our internet stuff(answering emails and PM's and posting sales) I just usually do it using the ForceFed HP account. A couple of the PM's sent while I was gone got over looked as I had no access to the internet. We are a very small shop(I still work a 40-50hr a week job outside of FFHP) and when one of us is out for some reason it is difficult to fully cover that persons duties.
We apologize to those whose emails/PMs may have been overlooked in my absence.
Shawn(SpankyLS1) you have my personal apology for this oversite.
Old 12-26-2004, 08:39 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,089 Likes on 717 Posts

Some shops are getting like 50 pms a day, and they don't respond to all of them. I know from talking to one sponsor he has been swamped with PM's. If you don't get a response email them or give them a call.
Old 01-04-2005, 07:58 PM
TECH Apprentice

FMS and Scoggin Dickey has responded very quickly to my PM's.
Old 01-05-2005, 02:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

I have had good luck with sponsors replying, so maybe you are just PM'ing the wrong ones.

Speed Engineering is great example. I ask questions, and get detailed, timely responses. Amen.
Old 01-05-2005, 07:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Man, I just pm'ed Candy at FMS b/c I heard soooooo many good things about their business practices. It's been read, with no response.
Old 01-05-2005, 09:21 PM
Banned

I Sent Chris At Ape A Personal Message And He Got Right Back To Me.
Old 01-08-2005, 09:54 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

It is easier to answer e-mails than it is to answer PM's...

Often times customers or potential customers make it difficult for sponsors to help them or others by both PM'ing you and then e-mailing you as well... or e-mailing you and every other e-mail address they can find on your site.. This makes it difficult for sponsors to respond in a timely manner.
Old 01-09-2005, 12:15 AM
Deranged Rat Fink

I'll give Magnus a definite thumbs up on answering emails! Every time I emailed him , I got an answer back within an hour.
Old 01-13-2005, 11:00 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Keeping up on PMs is a full time job its self.Ofcourse we appreciate getting them and do our best to stay on top of them.I personaly handle this sites pms.Sometimes I read them and then print them out.Then when I hit a spot where I can take a minute and answer them I jump to it.The reason I try to print the ones out I dont answer right away is so they do not get lost in the tons of pms that come in.Some technical pms require more thought and If the sponsor sent you a instant responce that they will get back with you.The thing will show that you have been responded to.Then its to easy to overlook.
Thats how we handle it anyways.Works pretty good that way.But you have to remember us sponsors have days were we are running from the time we walk in to the time we leave.Sometimes Pms just get overlooked.A reminder Pm never hurts.If you send a sponsor several pms and they check them and no responce comes back well..... I could see a reason for fustration..
Dave
Old 01-21-2005, 02:20 AM
Naked AV

A couple of suggestions...

Sponsors: Decide on how you want to do business and then do business that way. For example, if you don't like dealing with PM's, and would rather do email, then disable PM's in the forum and enable email. Or disable both and leave your telephone number in your sig. But answer whatever correspondence you enable/prefer in a timely manner. This is important.

Customers: Find out the best way to contact a sponsor and then utilize that method. I don't do business with anyone I haven't talked to first. One of the first things I ask them is "How do you like to communicate?" They will always have a preferred method (maybe even a preferred time of day). Then, I deal with them in that manner, which they appreciate, and I get the results I want.

My $.02.