New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

borla adjustable plate

Old 12-21-2004, 03:12 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default borla adjustable plate

I have the borla adjustable exhaust on my Z28 and I have a little problem. I bought the system used and ever since the day I got it I can't get the bolts to budge to change the adjustable plate. I even had a local shop install the exhaust and their air impact wrench along with pb blaster couldn't loosen the bolt. The mechanic said he didn't want to force anything or it might break. And that they hadn't seen the impact wrench struggle like that before. What the hell is holding this bolt in so tight???? Should I just realize that I'm not going to be able to run the exhaust wide open(i think the 1/4 plate is in right now) and forget about it, or is there something I can do?
Old 12-21-2004, 03:42 PM
Launching!

I had the same problem with one of the bolts on mine. The exhaust shop couldn't get it off either so they took the cutting torch to it and that worked like a champ.
Old 12-21-2004, 04:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Try soaking it in PB Blaster for a few days then try it again.
Old 12-21-2004, 04:34 PM
TECH Addict

my friend owns a muffler shop along with his dad and if they cant get something loose then they usually heat the bolt up then take the impact to it. it seems to work just fine. if not then maybe just forget about it??
Old 12-22-2004, 08:24 AM
Launching!

Ya know i too have borla, i did the same thing and took the plates out...And honestly the difference isnt that great, even though you have more flow going streight out, that left hand side pipe still take's away from the sound. So i had a local shop cut that Borla muffler off and weld a streight pipe-so now i still have the cat back system but no restriction on my sound! Now its even and both tail pipes get great sound and it still isnt to loud and i havent gotten pulled over for it-but when i get on it that car wakes up. Look into it, you might like the out come.
Old 12-22-2004, 07:15 PM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The Borla muffler flows very well. I'd just leave it be.
Old 12-23-2004, 12:40 AM
TECH Regular

im gonna do the same and just throw a pipe in place of the borla muffler, even though the muffler flows good, a straight pipe in its place will flow better haha

Search this Thread