Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

tire question

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2004, 08:12 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Rear seats fold down! LOL/tire question

I was looking at pictures of fellow lt-1 owners on the net and some guy had taken a picture of his interior with his rear seat folded down and i was like hey i wonder if mine does that. I feel so stupid i cant believe i didnt know that haha.
Also i have a question has anyone heard of fulda extremo tires? These are what came on my car when i bought it this summer and they are brand new tires but they dont seem very good in wet weather. I live in washington state and it rains like practically everyday and its kinda hilly too and in everyones opinion what is the absolute best wet weather tire? With this brand i have now, the other day i was driving on the freeway and it was pouring down rain and if i tried to go any faster than 65 the car would just hydroplane. Thanks for input, BEN
Old 12-21-2004, 08:54 PM
TECH Addict

I can't believe you admitted to not knowing your seat folds down, very brave! Goodyear Eagle F1s are good tires for wet weather. Also BFG makes a good all-around tire, I forget if it is the KDW or the KDWS or whatever..

By the way: Stop by the Northwest Members section on this forum, there are lots of members in Washington. We may even be having a meet tomorrow!
Old 12-21-2004, 09:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

BFG makes an Awsome economy tire with killer life span, and great traction, When my car was close to stock I cut a 1.89 60' on 245's BFG KDW is for Wet weather, and KDWS is wet weather/snow, I had KDWS and they rocked!
Old 12-21-2004, 10:26 PM
On The Tree

Cool thanks, i checked out the northwest forum. I wouldent be able to meet tommarow even though hooters does sound tempting but defiantly someday for sure. That would be cool seeing all those camaros lined up in one parking lot! I need more mods though so i dont feel so pathetic lol
Old 12-21-2004, 11:41 PM
TECH Addict

Oh don't worry about the mods.. Just start hanging out with us, the rest will fall into place . 6 months ago my car was bone stock except for a K&N cold air intake! Even had the original tires! If you come out to a meet in the spring, be sure to wash your engine or you will be embarassed like a newbie (it happened to me) haha.
Old 12-22-2004, 02:56 AM
Teching In

Definately go with the BFG KDWS tires.... they work really well in the wet, and they are pretty decent in the snow too. I never realized how good they are until I put some new Kumho Ecsta MX tires on the back, which spin ridiculously at any sign of moisture. I had to put back on the ugly salad shooters with my KDWS tires for the fun Illinois winters. But I would highly recommend them for wet weather.
Old 12-22-2004, 08:49 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

eagle f1s work well in the rain but suck in the dry. now F1 GSD3s work very good period. i actually burnished my new rear brakes pads in the rain on these tires and had no lock up problems. if your not sure what that is basically im slamming on the brakes from a set speed repeatedly for a few times.

oh and the KDW tires are good stuff too, ive just dont have first hand experience with them.
Old 12-22-2004, 10:19 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 93ZM6
I was looking at pictures of fellow lt-1 owners on the net and some guy had taken a picture of his interior with his rear seat folded down and i was like hey i wonder if mine does that. I feel so stupid i cant believe i didnt know that haha.

no worries bro, i just learned that also, after owning my bird for nearly 7yrs..

im running 245/50/16 BFG KDWs on the rear.. love em. kinda pricey though.