New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Drivers side seat leaning after leather seat install HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2004, 03:31 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Drivers side seat leaning after leather seat install HELP!!!

I doubt anyone else has ever had this problem, but I thought I'd at least try since there are so many people on this forum. I won an eBAY auction for leather seats out of a 2002 SS. Well I received the seats about a week ago and was very pleased until I installed the seats. I took the cloth seats out of my 1998 Z28 and proceeded to install the drivers side leather seat first. After I got it in I realized that the track of the seat was bent pretty bad, probably was like that when the guy sold them or the shipping company caused it, as the seller claims. Anyways I was able to get the seat on the bolts and bolted down the seat. I sat in the seat and it was leaning pretty bad to the left(towards the drivers side door), so much so that when I closed the door the door panel hit the seat. Yeah you can say I was pretty pissed off. Well I took the good track off my cloth seat and put it on the leather seat. This certainly helped, the lean wasn't as bad and the panel no longer hit the seat when I closed it, but there was still a slight lean. Now my question to you "f-body genuises" is how can the seat still slightly lean if there is a perfectly good track on the seat?? I was stumped and decided to just try to live with it because I didn't think the lean justified sending the seats 2,000 miles back to the seller. Can you guys think of anything I can do to help or fix this lean? Sorry for the long post but I had to describe everything in detail or it wouldn't have made sense.
Old 12-23-2004, 12:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

sounds like some 300lb dude or dudess has been sitting on that seat leaning of to one side, proberly with their arm hanging out the window. You may have to strip of the leather to see if the frame is bent or take it to an upholsterer.
Old 12-23-2004, 01:13 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i know when my passenger side adjuster broke, after i took the seat out and put it back in it leans a bit to the door, i havent yet but i want to double check to make sure that it is sitted properly on the floor and lined up correctly with the bolt(example is if you put the track on the chair and the track is supposed to be slightly offset with the other one to match the bolt pattern) im not sure if its supposed to be offset or not, just a thought on my mind as to why mine is leaning
Old 12-23-2004, 05:05 AM
Deranged Rat Fink

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Put washers between the seat mounting point and the floorboard until it sits correctly. Cheap ,easy and doable.

Quick Reply: Drivers side seat leaning after leather seat install HELP!!!