Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How many tr. dual f-body car owners have been pulled over because of your ex systems?

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2004, 05:41 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default How many tr. dual f-body car owners have been pulled over because of your ex systems?

How many of you have been pulled over and actually got a noise ticket? If you did not get a ticket, then I am curious as to the tactics you used to evade "the man" or not get a ticket.

I have a wallet full of FOP cards, I hope they help me when I pull out my z in the spring.
Old 12-24-2004, 06:55 PM
On The Tree

true dual f-body pull overs????????? lol all i did was 3inch corsa exhaust with kooks headers y-pipe and magnaflow cats. all 3 inch. i was pulled over 4 times in two days up in N.H. it sounds great but man cops hate it man. the only thing that saves me is i am a G.M. employee. and corsa exhaust comes on certain gm cars. like the Escalade, if the customer wants it. so i say look the exhaust system is a G.M product. i kept paper work in glove box. all bought it but one. the cop looked under the car and said.......hmmmm long tube headers on a t/a is that stock too mister G.M. i laughed and said nope. he was cool and let me on my way. not much help but i figured i would share the story with you. gl and happy holidays.
Old 12-24-2004, 07:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

I've got true duals and have never been pulled over for them. No problems at all, I guess it depends on where you live.

I once had a cop ride my butt for about ten minutes with my duals in plain sight from behind the car and he didn't do anything.

I once got pulled over for speeding and the cop looked my car over and didn't give me a ticket for the duals.

Btw, and this is with loud sweet thunder chambered mufflers and dumps at the rear axle.
Old 12-24-2004, 08:59 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by wrath22
true dual f-body pull overs????????? lol all i did was 3inch corsa exhaust with kooks headers y-pipe and magnaflow cats. all 3 inch. i was pulled over 4 times in two days up in N.H. it sounds great but man cops hate it man. the only thing that saves me is i am a G.M. employee. and corsa exhaust comes on certain gm cars. like the Escalade, if the customer wants it. so i say look the exhaust system is a G.M product. i kept paper work in glove box. all bought it but one. the cop looked under the car and said.......hmmmm long tube headers on a t/a is that stock too mister G.M. i laughed and said nope. he was cool and let me on my way. not much help but i figured i would share the story with you. gl and happy holidays.
Damn, was that DOT or regular cops? I have yet to be stopped because of the duals or open headers (I don't hang around in the southern part of the state much though). I did get nailed for speeding with open headers, cop said it was ungodly loud and smelled alittle funny (106 octane) but he didn't mind. I told him I had to give it a quick hit on the bottle because I was running diagnostics and he sent me on my way with a verbal warning. He did warn me to watch out for a few cops in the area because they do have a personal fixation on nabbing loud cars, he said that he and most of the others personaly don't care one way or another. So I guess it all depends on what kind of cop you run into.
Old 12-24-2004, 11:42 PM
Staging Lane

I haven't had any problems yet, but I'm putting my car up for a winter sleep. I've had two cops just look at my car but never pulled over for my duals.
Old 12-25-2004, 12:40 AM
On The Tree

I had cops give me dirty looks with only the loudmouth catback on and another follow me for a while. They didn't like that too much but wait until they hear it now.
Old 12-25-2004, 12:44 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I stop at a local conveince store every day after work, atleast 1-2 times a week i will see the same cop in the store getting a coffee at the start of his shift. the first day i pulled up the the store with duals the cop was inside, he came out and said that he could hear me pull up from inside & asked me to start it up. I wa like awe ****, then he said "it sounds good what all did you do" and asked me to rev it . turns out hes pretty big into cars, he also told me that if im not going to put my LP on the grill where it goes them just remove it from the airdam cus it attracts more attention then if it just wasnt there.
Old 12-25-2004, 11:01 AM
TECH Addict

I've had no problems...Just lucky, I guess..
Old 12-25-2004, 03:53 PM
TECH Junkie

I just got pulled over the other day cause of some bastard in a stang besides me, it was a big time POS too and I wasn't gonna do anything but he nailed it lol so I let him have it, about 1 mile or so later I had to slow down to make a turn and the cop caught up to me, Pulled me over and I had my nitrous bottle in the car and hooked up as well as a radar detector going lol, he told me my exhaust was borderline loud and probably over the limit but I think he really liked my car and he let me go with a written warning. He even told me next time to at least look in the mirror before I haul ***.....
Old 12-25-2004, 04:40 PM
11 Second Club

I haven't been pulled over with my duals. To avoid it... drive normal and don't do anything you aren't suppose to do.
Old 12-25-2004, 04:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

i got pulled over twice with the duals, after i put my cam in. i just told them the truth, that i did the cam after the exhaust, and i plan on changing the exhaust again to make it a lil quieter. they both gave me warnings
Old 12-25-2004, 06:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I have had cops look at me many times, most just dont care as long as i dont rev it up by houses and what not. Been pulled over for speeding, did not say a thing about the exhaust.
Old 12-25-2004, 07:42 PM
12 Second Club

I have TD dumped at the axle never been pulled over for them. I ran around for a few days with open headers and never got busted either!!

Dan
Old 12-26-2004, 09:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

It really depends on where you live. Then there is the difference between state and local law enforcement. Like here in Northern Va our restrictions are very similar to CA. State cops here, if you get pulled over, they will write you up for everything if not just impound the car and fine you. Local cops, **** some have been over to my house with 6 packs to help me install ****.

Just be responsible when you are on the road. Try to keep the rpms under 3k and you should be fine
Old 12-26-2004, 02:31 PM
12 Second Club

Haven't had a problem with mine.
Old 12-26-2004, 03:00 PM
On The Tree

I've received two tickets from two different DOTs. Both were dicks, and prolly just trying to met their quotas. More often than not city cops that pull up next to me at the light don't even look over. Just keep an eye out for cops and run them in quite mode and you should have a problem.
Old 01-09-2005, 06:37 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by zdawg28
I've received two tickets from two different DOTs. Both were dicks, and prolly just trying to met their quotas. More often than not city cops that pull up next to me at the light don't even look over. Just keep an eye out for cops and run them in quite mode and you should have a problem.
What was the reason for getting the tickets...
Old 01-09-2005, 07:56 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had mine for about 5 months and had no cop issues, but I decided not to risk it, especially in CA, and went back to cat-back.... with dual cutouts
Old 01-09-2005, 10:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

THANK GOD FOR ELECTRIC CUT_OUTS!!!!
ive never been pulled over in this huggerSS.... and i cruise around 80% of the time with it un-corked, with LT's and ORP's and its FRIGGINLOUD!!!!!!!!!

im allways checkin my mirrors and as sson as i see the cops ......SHUT it up and keep on crusing... and if they hear it rev... (it wasent me.... it was that harley that just blasted by!)

good luck guys!
Old 01-09-2005, 10:24 PM
11 Second Club

iv never had a problem with mine. my duals arent that loud though, they are ran all the way out the back so you dont get the echo effect if they where dumped under the car. I think the GMMG and the loud mouth are louder, but they dont sound as deep and they have all that rasp.