LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

MTI Ripped me off!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2004, 10:07 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MTI Ripped me off!!!

Hi,
I just wanted to post this to warn anyone thinking about going with MTI parts in the future. They have royally screwed up my parents Chrismas plans this holiday season!!!!!

My parents ordered the Kook's off road x for me for Christmas. They originally ordered December the 5th online. December the 7th my parents checked their billing statement and realized they had not only been charged the $357 for the x pipe, but another charge from MTI for $420. My parents called and talked to David who sent them through the finace guy and got that straightened out. The x pipe is supposed to be shipping the next week. They call on the 16th to see where the x pipe is, David and Steve tell them the x pipe wont be ready in time for Christmas. They tell them this in not acceptable that the pipe was ordered on the 5th of Dec. so MTI agrees to get the x to them by Christmas. They tell them the pipe will be finished Friday the 17th and shipped on Monday the 20th and my parents will recieve it on Wednesday the 22nd. My parents call on Wednesday when nothing arrives from MTI, David and Steve once again tell them they will contact Kook's have the x drop shipped from Kook's and it will arrive at their house on Friday the 24th. Well, guess what, it's December 25th and I have no x pipe.

I was seriously considering the heads/cam package they are advertising this season for $2000. Until this unfortunate event of course. I highly doubt I'll ever buy a product from this poor excuse for a company. I guess it proves there are only a few vendors on this board that are 1)honest with their paying customers 2)reliable and 3)hold outstanding customer service reputations. By the way, MTI does not appear in any way shape or form to qualify for any one of these 3 points.

Creighton Trull
Old 12-25-2004, 10:30 AM
Teching In

Default ***MTI Ripped me off!!!***

Hi,
I just wanted to post this to warn anyone thinking about going with MTI parts in the future. They have royally screwed up my parents Chrismas plans this holiday season!!!!!

My parents ordered the Kook's off road x for me for Christmas. They originally ordered December the 5th online. December the 7th my parents checked their billing statement and realized they had not only been charged the $357 for the x pipe, but another charge from MTI for $420. My parents called and talked to David who sent them through the finace guy and got that straightened out. The x pipe is supposed to be shipping the next week. They call on the 16th to see where the x pipe is, David and Steve tell them the x pipe wont be ready in time for Christmas. They tell them this in not acceptable that the pipe was ordered on the 5th of Dec. so MTI agrees to get the x to them by Christmas. They tell them the pipe will be finished Friday the 17th and shipped on Monday the 20th and my parents will recieve it on Wednesday the 22nd. My parents call on Wednesday when nothing arrives from MTI, David and Steve once again tell them they will contact Kook's have the x drop shipped from Kook's and it will arrive at their house on Friday the 24th. Well, guess what, it's December 25th and I have no x pipe.

I was seriously considering the heads/cam package they are advertising this season for $2000. Until this unfortunate event of course. I highly doubt I'll ever buy a product from this poor excuse for a company. I guess it proves there are only a few vendors on this board that are 1)honest with their paying customers 2)reliable and 3)hold outstanding customer service reputations. By the way, MTI does not appear in any way shape or form to qualify for any one of these 3 points.

Creighton Trull
Old 12-25-2004, 10:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Which MTI? Texas, Atlanta, etc ?

Mark
Old 12-25-2004, 11:28 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by mdhmi
Which MTI? Texas, Atlanta, etc ?

Mark
Motorsport Tech. I believe they are based out of Houston. David is the owner I believe.
Old 12-25-2004, 11:50 AM
10 & 11 Second Club

Originally Posted by creighton
Motorsport Tech. I believe they are based out of Houston. David is the owner I believe.
Those kind of things happen once in a while when shipping parts. I know my friend Richie tried to get some Kooks from Thunder Racing a couple weeks ago and Angie + Paul did`nt know that Kooks was out of stock on alot of LS1 stuff. It was`nt Thunders fault, just like it is`nt MTIs fault. MTI is one of the best sponsors on here and were one of the first. They build real fast Ls1s, have good customer service, and fair prices.
Old 12-25-2004, 12:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

dont put the blame on MTI only
KooKS is a very hard company to deal with when it comes to service.
Old 12-25-2004, 12:53 PM
On The Tree

I understand your frastration, but just because you haven't got a part in the specified time doesn't mean the company "Ripped your off". There's a lot of factors that are at play here this time of year....like: shipping companies being VERY busy, manufacturers having reduced workforce or closed all together, weather, raw material shortage, etc, etc. So just give it a few more days....even a week, and if still no part then just cancel the order and buy elsewhere.
Old 12-25-2004, 01:30 PM
12 Second Club

I would give them another chance i have ordered a few things from them and they have been very profesional and curtius. I plan on doing my H/C packege latter in the year through them also.
Old 12-25-2004, 03:13 PM
Shorty Director

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

You have not been ripped off. As said in post above this time of year is hectic. Too many factors involved and unfortunately Vendors make promises they cant keep when they have to depend on other companies to deliver. I know you are upset, but to bash MTI for not being able to come thru is not fair. Now you have ammo to ask for a discount on that H/C package you want.
Old 12-25-2004, 03:18 PM
AOC
TECH Regular

I agree that creighton didn't get ripped off, but at the same time, vendors should not make promises that they cannot keep and gives customers a run around. Which many of the vendors tend to do to keep the customer's money rather than refunding them (in a situation when they should). This is an old trick and I'm sick of seeing this type of unethical behaviors from them.
Old 12-25-2004, 04:36 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by AOC
I agree that creighton didn't get ripped off, but at the same time, vendors should not make promises that they cannot keep and gives customers a run around. Which many of the vendors tend to do to keep the customer's money rather than refunding them (in a situation when they should). This is an old trick and I'm sick of seeing this type of unethical behaviors from them.
I agree with the above as this as happened to me from another vendor. Vendor's shouldn't so this to there customers.
Old 12-25-2004, 05:49 PM
Teching In

I hope MTI does respond publicly. That is the entire reason I posted in this forum. This problem did not ruin my Christmas, as time spent with my family is more than enough of a present for me, however when my parents feel like they have let me down because something they had planned on giving me didn't arrive on time after being promised it would, it puts a slight damper on things.

If you think MTI is still a great company because you have bought products from them and had no problems fine. I'm not trying to make you jump ship. I am rather new to the corvette platform so I searched well before requesting this present from my parents for the right vendor to direct them towards. Apparently I have selected the wrong one. I simply want to steer others clear of this fiasco if they are in the same boat as I was when ordering.

Talking to MTI has resolved little if anything. They have been contacted by my parents at least 3 times throught this month. This is more than enough!!! Also, to those who keep posting MTI is out for the next ten days, why would they not inform customers with problems such as these that they will be gone 10 days following the Christmas holiday??? Does this mean my x might not show up for 2 more weeks??? Great!!!

Thanks to the mods for not locking this post. I really am not trying to hijack or cause any problems. I enjoy this board too much to risk being taken off. Thanks to everyone and Happy Holidays.
Old 12-25-2004, 09:22 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

We don't mind you posting complaints about sponsors, but we do have a proper forum for that. Thanks for ignoring our forum posting guidelines.

"MTI Ripped me off!!" is also a lousy title for this thread. Nobody "ripped you off" ie STEALING. Maybe you should reconsider your sensationalized title and be more realistic. Its very obvious from reading your post that MTI was at the mercy of their supplier (Kooks) in this case. If you are new to the world of performance parts, this isn't uncommon. Its hard for them to send you what they don't have.

BTW, David is not the owner. He is their CEO. Jayson is the owner. Both are personal friends of mine, and I'll call them now and tell them to help you out. We wouldn't want more people saying "MTI Ripped me off!!!" on Christmas.
Old 12-25-2004, 10:12 PM
Teching In

I considering paying for something and recieving nothing in return being ripped off. My parents have been charged for almost 3 weeks now. They have received no product from MTI so I don't think the title is misleading. Kook's isn't to blame for this. MTI was paid as a vendor to supply the x pipe. I feel it is MTI's responsibility 100% to coordinate with Kook's on the supply and demand of parts. If MTI wasn't responsible, why wouldn't I just deal with Kook's directly???
Old 12-25-2004, 10:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by creighton
I considering paying for something and recieving nothing in return being ripped off. My parents have been charged for almost 3 weeks now. They have received no product from MTI so I don't think the title is misleading. Kook's isn't to blame for this. MTI was paid as a vendor to supply the x pipe. I feel it is MTI's responsibility 100% to coordinate with Kook's on the supply and demand of parts. If MTI wasn't responsible, why wouldn't I just deal with Kook's directly???
Be no diff. with who you bought it from, in terms of when you get it. The problem is not MTI 'RIPPING YOU OFF' the problem is MTI's reliance on Kook's. MTI should not have given you a definite date for the delivery of your xpipe since they are not the 1st party in getting the product to you. Further, its the Holidays and everything is moving MUCH slower--I would say poor judgement on their part, not ripping you off. Although I can understand your frustration, welcome to the wide world of performance parts. Sometimes everything does not go as planned--which certainly sucks since you are pouring money into a HOBBIE, which is basically giving away money in the big picture. One would hope they wouldnt have hassles when purchasing things that do not fall under the necessity category.
Old 12-26-2004, 08:21 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

You do realize that December is:

1. The busiest month of the year as far as shipping or mailing items.
2. The least productive month of the year for companies due to everyone being off for the holidays and on vacation.

MTI did not "rip you off". They fully intend to get you your parts, unfortunately they have not been able to.

You have a lot to learn about the automotive performance parts industry. Most vendors are always at the mercy of their suppliers. Being December doesn't help much either.
Old 12-26-2004, 09:29 AM
Teching In

I guess since it's december I'll just go on without worrying about it. Yeah that sounds great!!!
Old 12-26-2004, 12:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

they can't get it to you any faster than having it drop shipped from the manufacturer. kooks droped the ball, not mti. i'm sure as soon as kooks gets it done, you'll have it.
Old 12-26-2004, 02:09 PM
TECH Addict

Do you realize that a ton of packages were delayed in shipping because of storms last week? I missed a gift for my GF that was shipped UPS 2 day. It should have been here thursday but ups.com still says:

Dec 24, 2004 8:20 A.M.

LOUISVILLE, KY, US

ADVERSE WEATHER CONDITIONS CAUSED THIS DELAY
Old 12-26-2004, 02:09 PM
TECH Addict

http://edition.cnn.com/2004/WEATHER/...er.deliveries/

Quick Reply: MTI Ripped me off!!!