Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

am I Just Being vain? (exhaust related)

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2004, 11:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default am I Just Being vain? (exhaust related)

maybe vain isnt the right word but ill tell you what im talking about...alright, im changing up my exhaust setup for the 3rd time!! at first i had stock manifolds with a corsa catback, now i have PS coated LT's and TSP true duals, but just recently i purchased a GMMG catback that imma put on!! anyhow, im not a rich man by no means (although you might think so since i changed my exhaust so many times)...alright whats been bothering me is taht im the kinda guy that only wants the best parts for my car...that being said, i have been wanting to get some stainless LT's for awhile and that was my first choice before the Pacesetters but the money just wasnt coming together...i dont have that kinda money to throw down without haveing to save for awhile...i mean i could save up for awhile but would it really be worth it? b/c instead of buying new headers i could throw that money into other mods you know, and just keep my PS Coated Lt's, run a catted Y, and have the GMMG! so basically what im asking is do you think i could use my money for other things since i already have LT's or should i just get some Stainless LT's? i know the stainless would last longer and look better, but is it really worth it? what do you think? i'd appreciate any advice or opinions...im just kinda beating myself up here debating on wiether to get Stainless LT's or keep what i got...thanks again!

Jon
Old 12-26-2004, 11:21 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm a firm believer in getting what you really want the 1st time instead of buying 2nd best and wishing you had waited to buy until you had saved a few more bucks. Just my opinion We all go about mods a little differantly.
Old 12-26-2004, 11:33 PM
Launching!

If it were me I would get the stainless lt's. If you don't change it now it will probably stay on your mind and you will end up doing it anyway. Just my opinion.
Old 12-27-2004, 12:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

i knew you guys were gonna say that! but ya, tahts what i been thinking..i just have that itch you know to wehre i want to get my car done and have it the way i want it so i keep thinking of faster ways to get it done...but your right, it would stay on my mind till i got them and i would only end up getting them anyway...so ill go ahead and save up the money and wait! *sigh*
Old 12-27-2004, 12:47 AM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I too beleive if it's what you're heart is set on, then do it without regret.

That being said, I think you should just keep the pacesetters
Old 12-27-2004, 06:22 AM
Teching In

You have a nice exhust setup right now. Sell the gmmg and get a cam if you dont have one yet. Besides you're headers are coated so they will last for a long time.

TAZ
Old 12-27-2004, 07:10 AM
TECH Junkie

You don't really need the headers now. I agree with taz, get another mod and down the line after you get all the bolt on's and some cash, swap out the PS if you REALLY want to. I personally don't see you picking up that much if any from a different set of headers.
Old 12-27-2004, 08:13 AM
TECH Senior Member

yeah don't ditch them true duals for an 800$ gmmg that won't sound any better...and will make less power...with that being said keep the pacesetters and buy something else...no need to buy stainlesss unlesss they have holes or are dented or are extremly rusted...
Old 12-27-2004, 09:13 AM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I feel your pain man...my car is at Speed Inc. right now getting their over-the-axle custom true duals, and this is my 5th different iteration with exhaust. I forked over the cash up front for Kooks headers, but like has been said, if you are set on the GMMG, get a catted y-pipe fabbed up to your Pacesetters and go with that. Replace the Pacesetters when/if they ever rust.
Old 12-27-2004, 03:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

[QUOTE=MeentSS02]I feel your pain man...my car is at Speed Inc. right now getting their over-the-axle custom true duals, and this is my 5th different iteration with exhaust. I forked over the cash up front for Kooks headers

If you don't mind me asking how much did you have to pay for the true duals over the axle? Also do you have any pic's of this and is it stainless steel and does it come with a X pipe and which mufflers? It must be nice since you went a long way's to have it installed.

Thank's
Old 12-27-2004, 03:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

speedinc.'s setup is 1200
Old 12-27-2004, 03:40 PM
TECH Senior Member

here's a pic from their website
Attached Thumbnails am I Just Being vain? (exhaust related)-truedual.jpg  
Old 12-27-2004, 03:44 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Originally Posted by smokin' joe 00 ss
If you don't mind me asking how much did you have to pay for the true duals over the axle? Also do you have any pic's of this and is it stainless steel and does it come with a X pipe and which mufflers? It must be nice since you went a long way's to have it installed.

Thank's
It is a custom x-pipe, but it is mild steel, since stainless is a PITA to work with. It is all mandrel bent though.

Once it is done, they paint it all as well. I have no pics since they started it today and probably won't have it done until Wednesday sometime. I'll post pics of it as soon as I can.

Out the door, it will be around $1500 with before and after dynos included.
Old 12-28-2004, 05:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

I would say put that Money on a Cam and do what Meent said about replacing the PS when they rust or need to be replaced. I learned my lesson about not getting what I want the first time around. Now I try to do it right the first time.
Old 12-28-2004, 05:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 777
here's a pic from their website

Thanks for the pic.
Old 12-28-2004, 06:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by MeentSS02
It is a custom x-pipe, but it is mild steel, since stainless is a PITA to work with. It is all mandrel bent though.

Once it is done, they paint it all as well. I have no pics since they started it today and probably won't have it done until Wednesday sometime. I'll post pics of it as soon as I can.

Out the door, it will be around $1500 with before and after dynos included.

I don't mean to highjack this thread so on the subject of PS headers I would stay with them and do other mod's before you change them out.

Now on the Speed INC. true dual's is that $1500 out the door for the exhaust it can't be for the headers too?
Old 12-28-2004, 07:25 AM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Originally Posted by smokin' joe 00 ss
I don't mean to highjack this thread so on the subject of PS headers I would stay with them and do other mod's before you change them out.

Now on the Speed INC. true dual's is that $1500 out the door for the exhaust it can't be for the headers too?
Heh...nope, no headers involved in that transaction. I already had Kooks headers, which are very nice, and what gives some credibility to what I said about keeping the Pacesetters. I like my Kooks, but if I had something already, I wouldn't replace them until I had to.

Now, along the lines of doing it right the first time, this $1500 true dual exhaust is my attempt at "doing it right," but unfortunately, this isn't the first time I've messed with my exhaust. I'm hoping it takes care of ever wanting another one.