Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

swapping corsa cat back for Hooker

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2004, 09:10 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default swapping corsa cat back for Hooker

After i installed my LT's (dynatech supermaxx) , i cant stand the way my car sounds with the corsa catback. on top of that a weld in the muffler came apart and now it vibrates. Its drivin me nuts. I dont have alot of money to spend on a new catback, and after spending over $700 on one and having it turn out to be crap, I dont think i want to spend alot on another. I have been looking around and it look like the Hooker catback is one of the best out there. I am also going to be installing my tr224/224/114 cam in about a week. so what do you guys think, would this sound good with my LT's (with cats) and a cam. How how will the hooker flow next to the corsa? any other ideas are welcome.

thanks,

Eric
Old 12-29-2004, 06:57 PM
Teching In

anyone??
Old 12-29-2004, 07:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yes, the Hooker Aerochamber muffler will sound excellent with LT headers (and especially with cats). Even with the cam, this system will be fairly quiet at idle and cruise, but has a head turning rumble on hard acceleration and will flat out roar at WOT. If you like a deep, yet refined sound (inside and out), this system is for you. Has hardly any interior resonance and flows like ***** too!

I like your choice because this is one of the few systems that sounds good with headers and retains a deep, muscle car like rumble throughout the entire rpm range...Second to the GMMG, this is probably the best sounding cat-back combined with headers/cats IMO...True duals also sound great with or without the cats too.

Great buy for the $$$,

Mike
Old 12-29-2004, 08:06 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had that exact setup (Kooks LTs, catted-y, and Hooker), and it was pretty nice. The sound wasn't exactly what I was going for, so I decided to do true duals, which should be done tomorrow. For the money, though, it can't be beat. Should flow about the same as a Corsa.
Old 12-29-2004, 09:24 PM
11 Second Club

wouldthe hooker catback sound bad if u had in ORY insted of catted Y with the LT's?
Old 12-29-2004, 09:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

IMO Hooker is THE BEST sounding catback with ORY and headers, esp with cam. I took off that chainsaw sounding borla and have never looked back. I'd recommend it to anyone, sounds great and has a great price.