Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

got a race set up.. TA Vs 95 stang

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2004, 12:32 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default got a race set up.. TA Vs 95 stang

A friend of mine who i work with told me his friend in a 5 speed 4.6L 95 mustang wants to race me since I have a LS1. I know I would kill him stock vs stock which is what we both are right now. Ive never talked to this kid or seen his car, im just going from what my friend told me. He said that hes going to be putting 5K into his car by spring. Right now its too cold and snowing to get a race set up now well i have lots of plans for my car before spring rolls around. I dont plan on H/C supercharger or any "real" power adders yet, but I was thinking GMMG,LTH,ORY,LS6 intake... some other small bolts ons and drag radials... so I should be in the high to mid 12s. I cant wait, cause im tired of racing damn slow *** rice who only think they are fast, this should be a nice challenge. 1 question though, Im all new to winter and the whole sand bags in the trunk thing. So far I have 2 50lb bags in the bag and I was thinking if I should leave 1 of them in for better trackion??? what do you guys think??? will it make me hook better or is it just head weight. Well hopefully if the weather gets back into the 50s or so soon Ill try and get a race set up stock vs stock and then after mods ill race him in the spring and keep you guys posted.
Old 12-29-2004, 07:25 AM
On The Tree

Did he tell you its a 95 4.6L? They had 5.0's in 94-95.

I don't know his mods but if its a 5.0 for 5K that car will be a beast. Xample my buddy has a 5.0 with a cam, heads and a intake with an s trim making 12psi (pulley) stock bottomend. He makes 465rwhp on a very rich tune. All for about 5K. Even cheaper then 5K another buddy has a cam and a-trim (pulley) at 8psi and a 75 shot (I think, atleast what he says). Hes making 460rwhp.
Old 12-29-2004, 09:48 AM
Staging Lane

You don't even need to race him stock vs stock it will be a slaughter. You should have no trouble walking him in any gear at any speed. Now any car with 5K in the motor can be made really fast (especially if he goes FI which I imagine he would with 5K) so you would need to do at least some bolt-ons or he will just run away with it. Keep us updated.
Old 12-29-2004, 12:30 PM
TECH Resident

oh yeah, nothing like getting ready for "THE BIG RACE", hehe.

I agree what others, if he's got 5k into it, look out. you better spend about 1500, hehe, nothing a little nitrous won't fix.
Old 12-29-2004, 12:34 PM
On The Tree

Nitrous and your future mods....
Old 12-29-2004, 03:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Remove the sandbags when you race him. They won't make too much of a difference during the launch (especially since you have an automatic = good for good launches), but you won't want any added weight in your car once you get going, even if it's just 50 lbs.
Old 12-29-2004, 10:46 PM
Launching!

its must be a 5.0 then, i forgot that the 95's had 5.0s. Im going to try and actually talk to this guy and see what his set up will be. I was thinking NOS, but im not too sure how my 100K motor still stand up to a 100shot. I just ordered Hooker LT,ORY and GMMG today, so that should be here next week. Im going to try and scrap up some loss change for a H/C set up and higher stall. Ill keep you guys posted when it happens. Oh yeah today I ran into a 04 GTO, kinda rare to see one in my city. We both where at a light and he reved his engine up and i did the same, light turned green, still a little wet on the roads so i was spinning pretty bad and my rearend started to slide, Im sure his did too. We were head to head till about 45 when i started to pull, but i let off the gas at 70 and he did to, i probably had maybe a car or 2 ahead. I wouldnt call it an idea race since it was wet, but it was kinda run, my first race with a GTO.
Old 12-30-2004, 12:38 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by StangKillaLS1
its must be a 5.0 then, i forgot that the 95's had 5.0s. Im going to try and actually talk to this guy and see what his set up will be. I was thinking NOS, but im not too sure how my 100K motor still stand up to a 100shot. I just ordered Hooker LT,ORY and GMMG today, so that should be here next week. Im going to try and scrap up some loss change for a H/C set up and higher stall. Ill keep you guys posted when it happens. Oh yeah today I ran into a 04 GTO, kinda rare to see one in my city. We both where at a light and he reved his engine up and i did the same, light turned green, still a little wet on the roads so i was spinning pretty bad and my rearend started to slide, Im sure his did too. We were head to head till about 45 when i started to pull, but i let off the gas at 70 and he did to, i probably had maybe a car or 2 ahead. I wouldnt call it an idea race since it was wet, but it was kinda run, my first race with a GTO.
you would of walked to the GTO from a dig hands down. Nitrous on that 100k would be fine. Just make sure you get it tuned properly. That's the key to using juice. Knowing how to use it.