Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Open headers

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2004, 01:30 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Open headers

Just got my dual cutouts put on a little past the collectors. ITS SOUNDS INSANE . However its not as loud as some of the people make it out to be. Ill get a video up of it soon.
Old 12-29-2004, 01:34 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah I drove my car to the exhaust shop with open headers and the place was like 40 minutes away. It was not that bad...
Old 12-29-2004, 01:36 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When I drove around on my open Jet-Hots for like a month it was INSANE. I mean, seriously, it was nuts. Above 2k it was LOUD, and above 3k it was INSANE! You could not talk AT ALL inside the car above like 1500 rpm, if I had had the converter at the time I'd be deaf right now. I plan to get dual cutouts right after the collector when I have the money, and eventually electric cutous. I'd LOVE to hear that with the cam I have going in right now.
With open headers it sounds like a stock car in all seriousness. When you rev it it huffs and makes you

Edit: Not that bad??? I dont know how I made it a month w/o being pulled over. I got looks like you wouldn't believe from cops but I drove the speed limit most of the time and I was okay. When you get on it with open headers it's just plain nuts and that's all there is to it IMO.
Old 12-29-2004, 02:00 AM
Customizing Director

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Ya I drove with open headers down a few blocks and DAMN I thought it was loud. This was when I put the Pacesetter LT's on and thats it. Did get a few cops next to my car quick, but they never did anything (guess they just wanted to see what all the noise was about).