Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2004, 08:27 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need help

Well I checked the spark plug in cylinder 7 a week ago cause it was missin i replaced it and it fixed it but couple days later it felt like it was missin again so i went to get the codes read and it said it was misfiring again in the same cylinder. Checked it again and the spark plug was white at the tip which means its hot...only thing I have are pacesetter coated long tube headers and a tsp x pipe. The plugs I have are ngk tr55.

None of my 02 sensors work either..I had got 2 new ones for the front and put em in and they still dont work :S and I still need to get some 02 sims for the rear.

Whats causin the problem???
Old 12-29-2004, 08:39 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by UGotBeaT
Well I checked the spark plug in cylinder 7 a week ago cause it was missin i replaced it and it fixed it but couple days later it felt like it was missin again so i went to get the codes read and it said it was misfiring again in the same cylinder. Checked it again and the spark plug was white at the tip which means its hot...only thing I have are pacesetter coated long tube headers and a tsp x pipe. The plugs I have are ngk tr55.

None of my 02 sensors work either..I had got 2 new ones for the front and put em in and they still dont work :S and I still need to get some 02 sims for the rear.

Whats causin the problem???
I believe that this is a lean condition if you're getting scorched plugs.. You need to find out what your A/F is immediately.

One question for you, when you're driving. Are you hearing any detonation?
Old 12-29-2004, 08:51 PM
TECH Regular

well how would I get it checked out? and whats detonation sound like? I have to replace my pos gasket pacesetter gave me on the passenger side cause its leakin pretty bad so its kinda hard to hear anything.

The only plugs ive had problems with is on cylinder 7.

why dont my 02 sensors work either?
Old 12-29-2004, 08:52 PM
TECH Addict

well how would I get it checked out? and whats detonation sound like? I have to replace my pos gasket pacesetter gave me on the passenger side cause its leakin pretty bad so its kinda hard to hear anything.

The only plugs ive had problems with is on cylinder 7.

why dont my 02 sensors work either?
What codes did you pull up for the O2 sensors?
Old 12-29-2004, 09:03 PM
TECH Regular

damn i dont even remember bank 1 and bank 2 somethin? i just know it was the front and rear 02s and misfiring on cylinder 7
Old 12-30-2004, 06:18 PM
TECH Regular

ok well I changed my header gasket and it still sounds like its leaking but its not from the header or anywhere else I checked...ever since I put those headers and x pipe on ive had nothin but problems with it now its tickin pretty bad sounds like a lifter cause I already checked all the rockers and everything else. I think im just gonna sell my car cause its a damn money pit.
Old 12-30-2004, 06:31 PM
Launching!

You should have used the orginal GM gaskets when you installed your headers. Any chance you still have them? If so put them out and that will fix the whole leaking nose. Also, how long has it been since you insalled your headers, because sometimes you need to go back and tighten up the header bolts a few times untill they become seated correctly.

As for everything else... Sorry I cannot help
Old 12-30-2004, 09:45 PM
TECH Regular

I just put the new gm gasket on there and somethings still leakin :S and i went back and tightened all the header bolts today. Another thing when I rev it up and the rpms come down it amkes this weird *** noise cant really explain jw if anyone had a problem like it.. I think it might be a lifter but not really sure
Old 12-30-2004, 11:43 PM
TECH Addict

I just put the new gm gasket on there and somethings still leakin :S and i went back and tightened all the header bolts today. Another thing when I rev it up and the rpms come down it amkes this weird *** noise cant really explain jw if anyone had a problem like it.. I think it might be a lifter but not really sure
Since you just got LTs, you're going to notice alot more ticks than you did when you only had stock manifolds. When I installed my Pacesetters, I could have sworn that I had a bad lifter or something, but it was just the ticks being magnified by the LTs.

You don't have a leak at the headers anymore. What kind of clamps are you using on the rest of your exhaust? Particularly at the end of the headers?
Old 12-31-2004, 09:36 AM
On The Tree

im using the U bolt clamps at the end of the headers but I checked it and its not leaking and the rest of it is welded. Well I dont think this tick is usual cause its damn annoying and its louder then when I first had my headers on and everything was fine.