Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Building custom FIPK for 85mm maf???

Old 01-02-2005, 08:17 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Building custom FIPK for 85mm maf???

What do you guys think. Since tsp's 85mm lids are on backorder or whatever ive been trying to figure out how to feed the air to my 90mm tb and intake. So heres what i was thinking and you guys tell me if you think its possible or not. I have a K&N FIPK on my car right now. I was thinking of getting a cone filter with 3.500 inch diameter outlet, and getting some custom silicone hose 3.500 inch diameter inlet and a 3.35 inch diameter outlet to run from the filter to the 85mm maf. The 3.500 inch is a smige bellow 90mm for the filter outlet. The 3.35 inch outlet on the hose is just a hair over 85mm and when i say a hair i mean a hair. 85mm is equal to 3.3464 inches. So what do yall think is this possible? My only concern is the filter clearing the hood, but i think i could figure out a way to get it to clear if i have to move it all down to the front bumper support. anyhow just wanted to get peoples opinions on this before i tackle it.
Old 01-02-2005, 10:11 PM
TECH Addict

Check this out (gratuitous sponsor link):
http://www.bmrfabrication.com/accessories.htm
I found that while looking through all of the wonderful sponsor links. I was thinking about buying that radiator support and eliminating my lid setup and crafting some other type of CAI. It might help you build something. The price is certainly right! I don't nkow if it will give you more room than the FIPK or not.

Pic:
Old 01-02-2005, 10:31 PM
TECH Veteran

Default re

Originally Posted by chety
What do you guys think. Since tsp's 85mm lids are on backorder or whatever ive been trying to figure out how to feed the air to my 90mm tb and intake. So heres what i was thinking and you guys tell me if you think its possible or not. I have a K&N FIPK on my car right now. I was thinking of getting a cone filter with 3.500 inch diameter outlet, and getting some custom silicone hose 3.500 inch diameter inlet and a 3.35 inch diameter outlet to run from the filter to the 85mm maf. The 3.500 inch is a smige bellow 90mm for the filter outlet. The 3.35 inch outlet on the hose is just a hair over 85mm and when i say a hair i mean a hair. 85mm is equal to 3.3464 inches. So what do yall think is this possible? My only concern is the filter clearing the hood, but i think i could figure out a way to get it to clear if i have to move it all down to the front bumper support. anyhow just wanted to get peoples opinions on this before i tackle it.
y not get the regular fipk filter? i like the idea of putting it basically wher ethe slp cold air thing goes. seems like itd get more air there anyways. also silicon stretches.. so itll work
Old 01-03-2005, 12:08 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 8KickassRS9
also silicon stretches.. so itll work
I have a FIPK, and good luck fittin that onto a 90mm. Silicon may stretch, but this **** is not THAT elastic. I'd look into an aftermarket bellows to run with the FIPK. Would work nicely!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Building custom FIPK for 85mm maf???