Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I Want An Ls1!

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2005, 12:48 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I Want An Ls1!

hello i'm new here. i own an 03 cobra and 96 mustang gt. i'm a musclecar fan first and a ford fan second. the thing is i want to use my 96 gt as a daily driver and buy an ls1. camaro or firebird i don't really care (though im leaning more to the firebird). being as my other 2 cars are a 6 and a 5 speed respectively i want an automatic. i know the later f-bodies came with an ls6 intake but i dont mind swapping one into a pre ls6 intake car. i want to do some easy mods first. i was at the slp website and i saw they had a k&n filter and slp airbox that will combine for 15?rwhp. is that right? i also saw the slp loudmouth catback. how much does that add? sorry for the long post. i'm new to the ls-1 world. and its a lot different than the mustang one.
Old 01-03-2005, 12:51 AM
Deranged Rat Fink

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Muhahaha! Yet another comes to the dark side!
Old 01-03-2005, 12:55 AM
Teching In

i'm not completely converting. i just want an ls1. like i said I'M A MUSCLECAR FAN FIRST. hell my first car was a 67 chevelle.
Old 01-03-2005, 01:03 AM
On The Tree

you wont be disappointed with a Trans am my friend i got mine for a steal a 2000 trans a m black with only 18,157 miles and it just didnt have the t tops for 9,000 ive had it for a year and already reeled in 13,000 miles im at 31,100 right now and ive done all maintinance on it so far every oil change at 3,000 miles so goes to show u how fun that car is to drive.
Old 01-03-2005, 01:21 AM
jrp
SN95 Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

might want to post this in the newbie forum . and check out all the stickies in my sig.
Old 01-12-2005, 02:25 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Trans_Am05
you wont be disappointed with a Trans am my friend i got mine for a steal a 2000 trans a m black with only 18,157 miles and it just didnt have the t tops for 9,000 ive had it for a year and already reeled in 13,000 miles im at 31,100 right now and ive done all maintinance on it so far every oil change at 3,000 miles so goes to show u how fun that car is to drive.
Somthing is not working here as I thought all 1998 up trans ams had T-tops, sure you don't have a Formula, if not let me guess your car has a rebuilt title and that is why you got it for 9000.
Old 01-12-2005, 02:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

yeah something is wrong there....ALL trans ams 98-02 have t-tops....and you won't find a nice one for 9000...sorry...unless it is without an engine...but then that denotes it being nice...as i see already you are looking at slp...stay away from them...their claims are not true...and they are expensive
Old 01-12-2005, 03:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yup, I agree: stay away from SLP. You can get a "lid" from MTI (Motorsport Technologies), TSP (Texas Speed and Perf.), or Speed Inc. (ls1speed.com) to name a few. Almost everyone here has a lid, it's one of the "first mods" to do.

Those companies are all sponsors, to the right.

SLP Loudmouth catback will add power and definitely incr sound, but if you decide later on to get longtube headers or to ditch your cats, you will deeply regret buying the Loudmouth as the sound goes downhill from there.

Advice: look at "jrp"s signature and click on the links...they're very helpful.
Old 01-12-2005, 03:24 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Trans_Am05, i think your car is probably a formula man, there wasnt 1 ta that didnt have t-tops for 98-02, i dont even think preproduction had a hard top ta. Treemonster, try going to www.installuniverstiy.com they have alot of info on beginning mods and even trouble shooting, most people here do free mods, lid, and some kind of catback for the first mods, and they will get you well over 15 rwhp for probably around 200 bucks. The free mods include, TB bypass, P&P TB, Cutting the bottom of the EGR tube (98-00), free ram air, and some others i cant remember.
Old 01-13-2005, 07:25 PM
Teching In

Default New 02 Ws6 For Sale

Originally Posted by treemonster
hello i'm new here. i own an 03 cobra and 96 mustang gt. i'm a musclecar fan first and a ford fan second. the thing is i want to use my 96 gt as a daily driver and buy an ls1. camaro or firebird i don't really care (though im leaning more to the firebird). being as my other 2 cars are a 6 and a 5 speed respectively i want an automatic. i know the later f-bodies came with an ls6 intake but i dont mind swapping one into a pre ls6 intake car. i want to do some easy mods first. i was at the slp website and i saw they had a k&n filter and slp airbox that will combine for 15?rwhp. is that right? i also saw the slp loudmouth catback. how much does that add? sorry for the long post. i'm new to the ls-1 world. and its a lot different than the mustang one.
If you havn't found a car yet,I know where there is a brand new WS6 T/A for sale at a dealer where I bought my 02 Z28.The car has never been titled & has 200 miles on it.It listed for around $33K,they are asking $25,995.It is white,with dark graphite leather interior,automatic,traction control,the works, & brand new.It is in Cuero,Tx. @ Cowey Bros.Pontiac GMC,(361)275-3311 ask for Keith King or Paul Holcomb.
Old 01-14-2005, 12:38 PM
On The Tree

no no .. i should specified more like it has t tops just the tops didnt come with it supposidly they were stolen so i have to get new tops eheheh only cost me 200 at the junk yard sorry for not specifying earlier But the car was in perfect condition title clear my father doesnt like getting cars rebuilt or non clear titles. I know you all find it hard to believe turns out the lady was selling it for her uncle from mexico the car was bought here in laredo at a local pontiac turns out the guy bought cars here and sold them over in mexico this one never made it and he used it only when hed come down since the guy was a pilot. Well i took the Trans Am to get checked at a local shop for a friend to look at it he checked everything it did need fluids but other then that he said the danm things was basicly new and asked me how much she was asking for the car she started at 14,000 i lowered her to 12 . Then me and my father talked her down even more to 10 till finally she said the lowest was 9 i was freaking out man i mean this car was almost brand new, IT STILL SMELLED NEW even though it had been sitting outside with a tarp over it. But trust me guys its a Trans Am hard to believe i know but u should of seen my face the day i got her : ever since then its been a kick @$$ ride and i love it .

Last edited by Trans_Am05; 01-14-2005 at 12:44 PM.
Old 01-17-2005, 12:28 PM
TECH Addict

Hey welcome to the LS1 world. Not many musclecar fans set out to own them all