Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Reccomend me a Fuel Pump for my FI setup

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2005, 11:53 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

Default Reccomend me a Fuel Pump for my FI setup

Hey guys-

I have been doing alot of research and spending alot of $$ at the same time(go figure)

I wanted to get a reccomendation on a good fuel setup before I went ahead and orderd it.

My setup Is on a 5.3 liter truck:

STS turbo w/ GT-67, .96 a/r
running 8-9 psi
43 lb/hr Mutlec II injectors
OBX universal FMIC
looking for 450-500 rwhp after all is said and done(cam, springs and more tuning)

I would have gone with the Racetronix Plug n play, but it doesn't work w/ my truck... I'm leaning towards the 255lph in tank, but have also considered and In-line pump. Any other reccomendations and a good place to buy that will stock one of these pumps?
Old 01-04-2005, 12:15 PM
Coal Mining Director

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A 255l walbro from Thunder, etc will do the deal...just some fab work to install it in the tank. I personally prefer intanks at your hp goal.
Old 01-07-2005, 11:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by chris99gmc
Hey guys-

I have been doing alot of research and spending alot of $$ at the same time(go figure)

I wanted to get a reccomendation on a good fuel setup before I went ahead and orderd it.

My setup Is on a 5.3 liter truck:

STS turbo w/ GT-67, .96 a/r
running 8-9 psi
43 lb/hr Mutlec II injectors
OBX universal FMIC
looking for 450-500 rwhp after all is said and done(cam, springs and more tuning)

I would have gone with the Racetronix Plug n play, but it doesn't work w/ my truck... I'm leaning towards the 255lph in tank, but have also considered and In-line pump. Any other reccomendations and a good place to buy that will stock one of these pumps?

In the event you decide to convert to a In-line set up, something that might help you to know is that the duramax's sending unit uses a 1/2 feed line and 7/16 return. The diesel does not have a "in the tank" fuel pump as it is in the injection pump, therefor you can change out to the duramax sending unit (fits right in your tank) and fuel lines and reap the benifit of bigger supply and return lines without trying to plumb a pick up assembly... And the fuel gauge sending unit is the same one, plugs right in.

With you setup you probably dont need the 1/2 inch feed but if your going to go "in-line" might as well make it clean and easy!
Old 01-08-2005, 01:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Flipper
In the event you decide to convert to a In-line set up, something that might help you to know is that the duramax's sending unit uses a 1/2 feed line and 7/16 return. The diesel does not have a "in the tank" fuel pump as it is in the injection pump, therefor you can change out to the duramax sending unit (fits right in your tank) and fuel lines and reap the benifit of bigger supply and return lines without trying to plumb a pick up assembly... And the fuel gauge sending unit is the same one, plugs right in.

With you setup you probably dont need the 1/2 inch feed but if your going to go "in-line" might as well make it clean and easy!

thanks for the info. Right now, I'm leaning towards in-tank