Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hedman

Old 01-06-2005, 08:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hedman

So, after looking at this thread https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...hedman+headers
I'm thinking about giving these a shot. I need something to replace my SLP's with.. I know they're not as nice as kooks and probably dont produce numbers like pacesetters (so don't yell at me to get those, i've already heard all the kooks/qtp and pacesetter comments i can take). but these sound like they might suit me very well

Does anyone know what kind of ground clearance these give? 2 or so inchese better than my SLP's is all i need. Are they any more difficult to install than my SLP's were?

Thanks!
Dave
Old 01-06-2005, 11:44 PM
Teching In

I actually have these on back order right now. Already have the y pipe; it's a great looking piece! I recommend them so far!
Old 01-07-2005, 01:01 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Are you planning on getting these un-coated?
Old 01-07-2005, 02:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

probably uncoated.. if i like how they fit i'll send em off for that ultra high temp (black) ceramic coating
Old 01-08-2005, 12:42 AM
Teching In

I just bought these headers last week. I just need to find time to install them. You can't beat the price.
Old 01-08-2005, 04:54 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

There is only so much clearance you can have. My pacesetters couldnt be any closer to the bottom of the car so they are tucking as high as possible.

I actually had those headers ordered because the sales person at the place I was ordering them from said they had them in stock only to find out that the y pipe was in stock and shipped and the headers were back ordered. I refused the y pipe and canceled the whole order all together.

I think they look a good deal for the money but I kept getting conflicting reports on primary size. Hedman specs say 1-1/2 stepped to 1-5/8 and if you call Hedman on the phone they will tell you the same thing. But the place I was ordering them from had 1-5/8 stepped to 1-3/4 on their specs.
Old 01-08-2005, 05:04 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The coating will burn off, sooner than you think. Are you planning to sell the car shortly after the install? You'll be replacing these in a few years. IMO, anything less than stainless is a waste of money.
Old 01-09-2005, 05:55 AM
Teching In

The primaries are 1 5/8 to 1 3/4. I measured them but that was the outside diameter. I went to the Hooker header website and saw that there 1 3/4 headers were the O/D measurement to. I guess they all give O/D.

Search this Thread