Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

P1133/p1153

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2005, 03:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default P1133/p1153

I have these codes(Insufficient switching for the passenger and drvierside front o2 sensors) for about 7 months now. I did a search on this and found out it may be caused by the sensors not getting hot enough to function properly. I doubt my o2 sensors are out at 30k miles. When these codes appeard my truck only 24k miles. I am sure there are not leaks in my exhaust that could be causing this.
I am not sure if this coincidense but I notice these code popping up after putting some silicone between the header gaskets and the headers . Could this be the cause of my codes not going away? Other than this, my truck has no other issues and it's running very strong. Anybody ever esperince these codes in their vehicles? BTW, this is on my signle cab 5.3.
Old 01-07-2005, 03:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

was the silicone sensor safe? if pieces of silicone go through the exhaust stream and get burned on the O2 sensor/stuck on ... could cause problems

P1133: Driver side, front sensor
P1153: Passenger side, front sensor

First: Did you have to use longer extensions for the O2 sensors? if so that could be the problem
2nd: Have you checked all the fuses? (most likely not it, but it's a good starting point)
3rd: You can try swapping your post cat sensors w/the pre-cat sensors (or if you removed your post cat sensors, find where you stored them and use them)
Reset the PCM (not sure if it's the same procedure as F-Bodies, so best method would be disconnect the battery overnight )
See if the codes come back... if they do then it's a wiring issue .. (only thing shared is the fuse though... unless there's a shared ground I don't know about) if they don't the sensors were bad
Old 01-08-2005, 12:56 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by horist
was the silicone sensor safe? if pieces of silicone go through the exhaust stream and get burned on the O2 sensor/stuck on ... could cause problems

P1133: Driver side, front sensor
P1153: Passenger side, front sensor

First: Did you have to use longer extensions for the O2 sensors? if so that could be the problem
2nd: Have you checked all the fuses? (most likely not it, but it's a good starting point)
3rd: You can try swapping your post cat sensors w/the pre-cat sensors (or if you removed your post cat sensors, find where you stored them and use them)
Reset the PCM (not sure if it's the same procedure as F-Bodies, so best method would be disconnect the battery overnight )
See if the codes come back... if they do then it's a wiring issue .. (only thing shared is the fuse though... unless there's a shared ground I don't know about) if they don't the sensors were bad
I don't have any extension and post and pre cat o2 sensors are not interchangeable in our trucks. I have tried resetting the codes and they keep coming back. BTW, you reset the pcm in our trucks the same way the fbodies. For some reason I am leaning towards the silicone that fucked my o2 sensors.
Old 01-10-2005, 07:59 AM
12 Second Club

I just got these codes this weekend, was dumping fuel used about 1/4 tank going 20miles, car ran like **** too, cant wait to get an LS1 edit done, just going to remove every code involved with the 02's
Old 01-10-2005, 08:15 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CarsRFun
I just got these codes this weekend, was dumping fuel used about 1/4 tank going 20miles, car ran like **** too, cant wait to get an LS1 edit done, just going to remove every code involved with the 02's
you can't delete your front O2 sensors (or error codes rather) unless you plan on running open loop all the time... if the front O2s are setting errors then it needs to be fixed if it's not an all out race car... only the rear sensors can be just turned off since they're only there for emissions
Old 01-10-2005, 01:11 PM
12 Second Club

hrm,, guess Ill get some new O2's then, what does everyone recomend?