Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Temp not rising??

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2005, 11:05 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Temp not rising??

I just put new header gaskets on and I started the car let it sit for like 3 minutes and drove around for 5 and came back and the temperautre was still below 160, usually it rises by then but before I messed with the header gaskets it would never rise above 180 even after an hr of driving and I dont have a 160 t stat or a-tap to check to see what it really is. Is it safe to drive?
Old 01-09-2005, 11:12 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by UGotBeaT
I just put new header gaskets on and I started the car let it sit for like 3 minutes and drove around for 5 and came back and the temperautre was still below 160, usually it rises by then but before I messed with the header gaskets it would never rise above 180 even after an hr of driving and I dont have a 160 t stat or a-tap to check to see what it really is. Is it safe to drive?
Did you drain the antifreeze? On my cam install I had to purge my block as it had a bubble and wouldn't circulate the antifreeze. Thank god I was watching for this. If not check the temp sensor on the driver side head make sure it's not damaged.
Old 01-10-2005, 04:46 AM
That's what she said...

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my car also takes forever to warm up, and hardly ever gets up to 180. i dont think ive heard my fans kick on in months. mines full of water. it does seem to take maby a little longer to heat up now that the LT's are on. i think the big chunk-o metal that used to be there (exhaust manifolds ) heated up quickly and transfered alot of heat into the head right beside it, while the headers shuttle that **** out quick fast and in a hurry.

just make sure its got plenty of water in it, and run it till it heats up. my car doesnt have a 160 stat in it either, its stock.