Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Please help with busted water pump... I think.

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2005, 06:37 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please help with busted water pump... I think.

I believe my water pump just went out. I can only see a leak where it mates to the block on the bottom side of the pump. Is this the sign of a bad pump? How hard are they to replace? Any special tools besides a torque wrench needed? How much do they cost? Sorry for all the questions. I'm a little pressed for time and in the middle of my workout - so I would usually use the search button. Plus I need to get to work tomorrow. Thanks in advance.
Old 01-11-2005, 08:07 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Water pump on the LS1 is relatively easy to change. Leaking at the block? Is it leaking from somewhere else down to there?
Old 01-11-2005, 08:23 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the reply. I replace it this morning and I'm pretty sure it fixed it. I didn't see anything wrong with the old pump but it's not leaking anymore. The hoses were fine and the only thing I saw was coolant dripping onto the sway bar and back onto kmember and oil pan. The hardest part was getting the old gasket off. Replace it with 99+ gaskets.
Old 01-11-2005, 08:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good to hear you fixed it!