Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anybody lookin at the LPE 350 block?

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2005, 08:22 PM
Bad Seller Alert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anybody lookin at the LPE 350 block?

Just curious if anyone is lookin at this package. Looks like a good deal for $2095.00
Old 01-10-2005, 08:33 PM
jrp
SN95 Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

yes, theres are a few guys running it. do a search for it or check the Forged 346-348 thread that should be within the the first 5 pages as it wasnt that long ago. there are responses concerning the LPE shortblock.

also is that time in your sig up to date with the mods listed in your previous setup? if so how did you only manage a 116 trap speed. what was the rest of the slip and the DA
Old 01-10-2005, 09:00 PM
11 Second Club

also is that time in your sig up to date with the mods listed in your previous setup? if so how did you only manage a 116 trap speed. what was the rest of the slip and the DA
dito lol, i just looked at that and was wonderin the same thing!
Old 01-11-2005, 11:12 AM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I bought it 12-1-04. Will install over the winter, but it looks beautiful!
Old 01-12-2005, 06:29 PM
Bad Seller Alert

Originally Posted by jrp
yes, theres are a few guys running it. do a search for it or check the Forged 346-348 thread that should be within the the first 5 pages as it wasnt that long ago. there are responses concerning the LPE shortblock.

I wonder the same thing. I am not sure why it trapped so low. The car has always been a dog. Not sure what the DA was. Last year was a throwaway because i broke just about everything in the drivetrain. The car also smoked bad. When Mikey tuned it he said oil was getting by the rings. So maybe that has something to do with it. Thats why i'm lookin for a new setup. The LPE block looks like a good place to start.
Old 01-12-2005, 06:46 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Hey Sean, thats kinda funny you should mention that your motor was shot. Remember I said it didnt seem to like timing at all, like the motor was detonation prone maybe due to oil consumption? Hmm maybe there was something to it once Mikey said so.

I still see you listed the power it made on Heffners dyno as its best, but you told me it gained TONS

Id still like to know when you are going to ship my pulley back to me, its almost been a year now. Jason said you can come back anytime for your refund, but you no showed.
Old 01-12-2005, 07:03 PM
Bad Seller Alert

Originally Posted by GrannySShifting
Hey Sean, thats kinda funny you should mention that your motor was shot. Remember I said it didnt seem to like timing at all, like the motor was detonation prone maybe due to oil consumption? Hmm maybe there was something to it once Mikey said so.

I still see you listed the power it made on Heffners dyno as its best, but you told me it gained TONS

Id still like to know when you are going to ship my pulley back to me, its almost been a year now. Jason said you can come back anytime for your refund, but you no showed.

Thats funny, i left several e-mails for Jason to setup a time for a refund and guess what. No reply. When did i tell you it gained tons? The issue was never power. You would know that if you would pay attention. The car ran like ****. It would barely idle and sometimes it wouldnt idle at all after your tuning. I promised Mikey i would not bring him into any threads like this. But why don't you call him and ask how bad the car was. Then talk to me about this. If your going to jump on every one of my threads and talk ****, at least tell the truth. Dude, leave me alone and work on your tuning skills.
Old 01-12-2005, 07:11 PM
Bad Seller Alert

By the way, my motor is not shot. A motor thats shot would not put down over 430hp. Also you never mentioned anything about oil consumption when you were tuning it. You said it was running rich. Big difference between the two. I still have the dyno sheets from when you tuned it. I need to post them up so i can show what you did with the air/fuel ratio. Looks like a tsunami, up and down, up and down.
Old 01-12-2005, 10:46 PM
TECH Junkie

I said I had it rich because it didnt seem happy where most motors are.

And we told you if there was a problem, wed fix it. I have no problem with hundreds of other cars, and I said theres a possibility I may have mistakenly dumped what was not the final tune in the car. I dont want to sling anything, but I want my pulley back, brand new, or $195 dollars. Jason would refund your money if you called him, or thats what he told me repeatedly. I dont work with him anymore, so I cant persuade him to do anything. Between one of you guys I need my pulley back. End of story. ALL the LS1tech.com moderators agree to this point, a year ago.

My skills dont need any working on, Ive tuned/assembled full weight cam only cars weighing a couple hundred pounds more then yours running 4 mph faster and much quicker, and many 240 duration 346 cam cars that drive great, even in autos.

Something went wrong dunno what, but you never gave anyone a chance to check it out. Get on forum.easternfbody.com, post in Jason section, get your refund and give me my pulley back. Until then, you havent done your part, at least I trying to do mine. Do that, and Ill even go so far to tune your new 346 setup for free, long as the cam is not a 260 duration 106 solid roller, Then I may have to reconsider the free part lol
Old 01-13-2005, 09:26 AM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by getlifted
Just curious if anyone is lookin at this package. Looks like a good deal for $2095.00

I believe 5 or 6 members here have purchased these, and are currently installing them, maybe some of those guys will post up. I saw Viper seemed happy with his.

Let me know if I can answer any questions,
Ed
Old 01-13-2005, 10:33 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Hi Ed, can that shortblock handle up to 10 psi with a STS turbo kit?
Old 01-13-2005, 10:42 AM
TECH Junkie

How exact are these motors? Whats the piston out of deck height varience, everything is cleaned up and dead true (crank, block hone align honed etc)