Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can someone explain these 4 table to me

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2005, 08:43 AM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can someone explain these 4 table to me

and the exact impact in laymens term the effect they have on fueling in a closed loop system

Closed Loop Proportional Base vs. Airflow Mode: This table returns the base proportional % fuel change. Proportional base rate table is the primary amount of fuel needed to drive the closed loop fuel control into oscillation. Proportional fuel acts like an on/off switch to keep the fuel moving around the current O2 Rich/Lean vs. Mode table set point. The values on the Proportional Table add or subtract to the base fuel rate depending on the previous fuel condition (i.e. if rich then switch lean, if lean the switch rich). The amount of fuel to add or subtract increases with the airflow mode and should be based on injector size and % fuel switching needed.
Closed Loop Proportional Gain vs. O2 Error: This table returns a multiplier value for the increase/decrease of the base rate table. A multiplier value of 1.000 will have no effect on the proportional base rate. If the difference between the current O2 reading and its desired value from table O2 Rich/Lean vs Mode (the current Fast O2 error) is large the VCM will need to change the proportional fuel a lot. If the error is small, it should change it only a little to continue oscillation without undershoot or overshoot. Undershooting will cause the Closed loop fuel to become sluggish or miss the current O2 Rich/Lean vs. Mode table set point. Overshooting with cause the engine to vary excessively in RPM.
Closed Loop Integrator Delay vs. Airflow Mode: This table returns the base integrator delay.
The integrator is a function of the Slow Filtered O2 Error over time, The integrator handles persistent rich or lean fuel conditions based on the slow O2 error and Rich/Lean vs Airflow mode. The Base Delay vs Airflow Mode table is the minimum time in milliseconds an overly rich or lean condition needs to exist before the VCM is allowed to make a fuel correction.
Closed Loop Integrator Delay Mult vs. O2 Error: This table returns a multiplier value for the increase/decrease of the base integrator time delay. A multiplier value of 1.000 has no effect on the base delay. If the slow o2 error is extremely large the integrator will need to act more quickly. If the error is small the integrator will need less control to keep the closed loop fuel switching closer to the current O2 Rich/Lean vs. Mode table set point.
Thanks
Old 01-11-2005, 06:37 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am interested too.
Old 01-11-2005, 08:26 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by P Mack
I am interested too.
Me Toooo!! -(obviously, they're fueling and correction factors, associated with the narrowband O2 sensors, to maintain stoich).
Plain english nuances would be nice .
Seems like I need to make some serious changes when I try closed loop.
Old 01-15-2005, 11:00 PM
TECH Addict

How come whenever it is really important, we either get no response or cryptic bull$#!! ?
Old 01-16-2005, 06:40 AM
On The Tree

Ken gave one or two answers in this thread on the HPT web site

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/YaBB.p...num=1105454658
Old 01-16-2005, 11:30 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That helps a little. But do these go into the ltft and stft calculation, or are they in addition to them?
Old 01-16-2005, 11:53 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by P Mack
That helps a little. But do these go into the ltft and stft calculation, or are they in addition to them?
I have a pretty good idea what those tables do. I need to run some tests later, but basically I think that the "airflow" is divided into 16 "modes. 1-12 (maybe up to 14) appear to me to be light throttle/cruise, and 16 is everything else. It is split up by g/sec, and based on my logs you should never have to change the boundaries. The O2 readings change your AF ratio in relation to those modes (by setting a different switching point), and the error tables help throw your trims into oscillation. I think. I would like to hear the experts say if this is right or not.
Old 01-16-2005, 12:54 PM
TECH Addict

Aha. I learned a new rule. Thou shalt not just add 100mv to the O2 tables. The PCM got a little freaked out.
Old 01-16-2005, 03:14 PM
FormerVendor

LMFAO. I love your posts
Old 01-16-2005, 04:44 PM
TECH Addict

I like making funnies. Also..somebody has to try this stuff out...and I hate waiting.
Old 01-16-2005, 05:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd help ya in tryin some of this... but my car doesn't seem to like cold weather... started her up last night (~ 9* F) and when I popped the hood... she was putting on a pretty good light show! seems at least 3 boots musta cracked where the wire plugs into the coil pack...
Old 01-16-2005, 07:59 PM
TECH Addict

Here is a weird observation. I was comparing some 2003 C5 tunes, and a 2003 C5 Magnusson tune, and the Closed Loop Proportional Gain vs. O2 Error has been halved. I wonder why.
Old 01-16-2005, 08:03 PM
FormerVendor

Prolyl to get them to oscilate faster
Old 01-16-2005, 08:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

I think you're onto something there. Would that help with lazy 02s that LTs give?
Old 01-16-2005, 10:04 PM
TECH Addict

Aha. I may not know how to tune them, but I figured out how the rest of those tables work.
The closed loop proportional base vs. airflow is a value used to add fuel based on airflow mode to keep the O2s oscillating.
The closed loop proportional gain vs. o2 error is a multiplier applied to the values in the closed loop proportional base vs. airflow table. The multipler changes in relation to the mv difference between the actual o2 sensor readings your PCM detects, and the value listed in the o2 sensor vs. airflow mode. Based on the difference between the two it adjusts the amount of fuel to keep the o2 sensors oscillating. Phew.

Well. Now all I have to do is figure out how to tune them.
Old 01-17-2005, 10:43 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Another_User
Here is a weird observation. I was comparing some 2003 C5 tunes, and a 2003 C5 Magnusson tune, and the Closed Loop Proportional Gain vs. O2 Error has been halved. I wonder why.
Is it an LPE tune??

Quick Reply: Can someone explain these 4 table to me