Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Adj. rockers

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2005, 06:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Adj. rockers

Because of issures with the CompR lifters and with plans in the future for a solid roller 408 I'm thinking about getting a set of adj rockers for my setup. I was on the Jezel site and was looking at there pro series but there is two diff # for the rockers, one for a solid lifter and one for hyd.
I would like some imput. Jezel, Comp, TD? Are there clearence issues with the heads. I realize that I will have to go with spacers or custom valve covers but hopefully can reuse when I finally bite the bullit for a bored and stroked ls6 or ls7.
At this time I have 5.3 heads with a comp 224 cam.
Old 01-11-2005, 09:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You will have to clearence the pushrod wholes so this means the heads need to come off. While you're at it you might as well clearence the entire pushrod clearenced areas that are clearenced from the factory. That way if you decide to go solid and use a 3/8" pushrod you will have more then enough clearence.

I have T&Ds and haven't fired the motor yet but they are awseome to setup, REALY REALY EASY ONCE YOU FIND YOUR PROPER PUSHROD LENGTH.

You know you could just get a pushrod length check and find out the proper pushrod length and then order custom length pushrods. This will save you some cash.

I to am running the comp r's and had to get these because I knew I would use them in the future and my intake lobe is a smaller base circle then my exhaust lobe.
Old 01-11-2005, 09:26 PM
TECH Resident

Why would you have to open the pushrod holes unless they were raising the ratio significantly?
Old 01-12-2005, 01:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

Do you need to clearance the head for the adj. rockers if you are using hyd lifters?
Old 01-12-2005, 08:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Because the pushrod cup is closer to the pivot point of the rocker and moves back and forth (from intake to exhaust side of head) in the whole with shaft rockers. Do a search, you will see what others have had to do.

If you use the Cranes or the Comp Pro Mags you do not have to clearence the head as far as the whole (you might with the Cranes). All shaft rockers require the clearencing of the pushrod wholes. I also clearenced the area close to the intake side of the rocker arm in the head for added insurance, you might as well while your grinding.

Please do not confuse Harland Sharps or Yella Terras as shaft rockers, they have nothing in common with a true shaft rocker.
Old 01-12-2005, 10:09 AM

The main reason for clearencing the pushrod hole is because the shaft rocker will take a lot shorter pushrod and the pushrod angle will change quite a bit. That is when it comes in contact with the head.