Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Please Help, what to do next??

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2005, 06:39 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please Help, what to do next??

Hello, as you can see I am new to the site and hope this is the correct area to post this in. My mods are in my sig, and my question is this: What can I do next to my car to improve power without using forced induction or nitrous?
No forced induction for me yet, cause it cost too damn much and I have never been a big fan of the juice. I am also steering away from a cam if I can help it, cause that is too big of a project for an amature like me. Simple bolt-on stuff is all I have right now, but as we all know power is addictive and I want more damn it. So what else is left for me or am I stuck until I can save money for a procharger...........thanks,Kirk
Old 01-12-2005, 07:04 PM
On The Tree

Are u an a4 or m6? With an a4, get a stall converter, and some gears. Why don't you get a mild pop-in cam that doesn't require tuning?(i.e. z06 cam, old man cam from TR). The cost of it and installation will probably not cost quite as much as purchasing ALL the boltons. I think at SDPC, the cam kit is very inexpensive.
Old 01-12-2005, 07:30 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can buy some better headers. MAC's are a great bang for the buck, but are by far the best header out there. You can ditch the MAC Y pipe for some duals. If you are an auto a torque converter will brighten your day! LS1 cam swaps are REAL easy to do. Do it and you will be asking yourself why you didnt sooner. Let me know if I can help you out in any way!
Old 01-12-2005, 07:31 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rob@ASMotorsports
You can buy some better headers. MAC's are a great bang for the buck, but are by far the best header out there. You can ditch the MAC Y pipe for some duals. If you are an auto a torque converter will brighten your day! LS1 cam swaps are REAL easy to do. Do it and you will be asking yourself why you didnt sooner. Let me know if I can help you out in any way!
Welcome to LS1tech!! Forgot to add that!
Old 01-12-2005, 07:32 PM
On The Tree

sorry, forgot to include that, I have a 6 speed. Anything else besides a cam that I am missing? This car is my daily driver and a cam swap would put it out of commision for a few days w/ me doing the swap. I am not that great at turning the wrenchs yet, but I am learning. I have done all the mods I have in my sig myself and those alone were a pain in the rear.
Old 01-12-2005, 07:38 PM
On The Tree

I went w/ the mac mids because of 2 reasons, #1 the ease of installation and #2 I saw 2 identical LS1's dyno 1 had mac mids and the other had kooks long tubes and the power difference was only 3 hp and 6 tq. I was willing to give up a few ponies and torque for the easy install. Both cars only had headers as 1st mods.
Old 01-12-2005, 07:59 PM
TECH Regular

How about a set of sub-frame connectors. Maybe a shifter or a short stick.