Sponsored by:

Drag racers with Dumps???

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2005, 12:13 AM
JS
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Drag racers with Dumps???

I'd like to build a Custom Ti exhaust.I figured on 2 Titanium 20in collector extensions and 2 Titanium Borla race mufflers (No X pipe)

What can I expect in ET running just the 20in extensions w/o the mufflers vs. my 3in single steel exhuast w/cutout?( I also figure it to be about 20lbs lighter)

Do u guys think I can get a .10 ????
Old 01-13-2005, 04:53 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JS
I'd like to build a Custom Ti exhaust.I figured on 2 Titanium 20in collector extensions and 2 Titanium Borla race mufflers (No X pipe)

What can I expect in ET running just the 20in extensions w/o the mufflers vs. my 3in single steel exhuast w/cutout?( I also figure it to be about 20lbs lighter)

Do u guys think I can get a .10 ????
I would experiment with diff. lenths of extension to maximize the hp gain. Only 20lbs lighter for the new setup vs. the catback? How heavy are the mufflers? How much is the titanium pipe for 3.5"?
Old 01-13-2005, 08:55 AM
JS
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

3.5in is too big imo,I was going to run 2.5 in Dumps but make the exensions merge from 3in to 2.5 and then when I drop the mufflers it would just be 20in 3in extensions.

I have gotten weight of alum pipe and ss pipe in different gauges
The mufflers are less than 3lbs a piece and the piping would be about 10 MAX

Thats a 16lb exhaust system,I think I'd say at least 15lbs over what I have now plus be able to drop the mufflers with q. dissconnects.

burns stainless makes everything.....
Old 01-13-2005, 04:40 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JS
3.5in is too big imo,I was going to run 2.5 in Dumps but make the exensions merge from 3in to 2.5 and then when I drop the mufflers it would just be 20in 3in extensions.

I have gotten weight of alum pipe and ss pipe in different gauges
The mufflers are less than 3lbs a piece and the piping would be about 10 MAX

Thats a 16lb exhaust system,I think I'd say at least 15lbs over what I have now plus be able to drop the mufflers with q. dissconnects.

burns stainless makes everything.....
I agree-the 3.5" is too big for your setup-I was asking b/c I'm going to run dual 3.5" (18-20" extensions and bullets) on my new h/c setup from FTI. I'd put v-band clamps on the mufflers so you could drop them and re=install with little hassle.